found this interesting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by maasyoak, May 29, 2008.

1. maasyoak

maasyoak G&G Newbie

No truer words have ever been said, especially what President Lincoln said.

TAKE A FEW MOMENTS AND READ THIS LETTER. THESE ARE STRONG, POWERFUL AND COURAGEOUS WORDS COMING FROM A RETIRED COLONEL.

AND READ WHAT LINCOLN HAD TO SAY AT THE END. WOW!

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language on June 6, 2007.

On Wed. 6 June 2007 23:35:23 - 0500 Colonel Harry Riley , USA , Ret. wrote:

Senators:
    Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 13 48......to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America , I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female...... Democrat, Republican or Independent. ...... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ....and Vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects Betrayal.
    Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator... Impeachment... Recall... Or other appropriate action is warranted or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd, and Senator Obama.

Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of 'English' as America 's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as 'policital hacks'..... unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally 'rock you out of your panties'.... ..... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America ....it is about self-serving politics ...... despicable at best.

It has been said:

'Never Argue with an Idiot....They' ll drag you down to their level!'

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN

'Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!!

PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING AROUND THE UNITED STATES TILL THE ELECTION

2. mym1a

mym1a G&G Newbie

right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Hmmmm! the hanging part is probably to good for the four traitors listed.

4. Pardon my saying so, but that's a bunch of crock. It's symbolic posturing, on the level of claiming someone isn't patriotic because he doesn't wear a flag pin on his lapel.

And incidently, Lincoln never said that. Stop smearing the man. If you go to google, you can find the book writer who put those words in Lincoln's mouth, then claimed it was a mistake by the editor.

5. Well it sounded good anyway. Realistically are any of the Presidential candidates worthy of the nation's highest office? Yes they would fit right in with the cesspool already in place.

6. The only thing I know, is that hillary and obama are lawyers, and McCain is not. I think we can decide from this alone, who the better of three evils are. of course, if I knew everyone would write someone else in, I would vote for that person in a heart beat, unless they were a lawyer of course.

7. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    I suppose the USA should follow in step with the rest of the world and establish a national language. Oh wait, are there any? Why is it so many in this country equate English speaking with being true Americans? What is next? Blonde hair? Blue eyes? How about Aryan? Getting to sound a little familiar? I don't do a very good "Goose Step", thank you.

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Shouldn't our Official Language be Cheyenne or Arapaho ?????

9. While I don't necessarily agree with mandating a national language, isn't the point more that in the United States we have predominately used english for all official government documents, isn't it also the language used almost exclusively on our coin and printed currancy? Isn't it also true that by both Federal and State education curricula required to be taught to all student in public schools? That ESL or for the uninitiated "English as a Second Language" also part of many States mandated courses for those children not able to speak english in public schools? That most students enrolled in ESL classes speak Spanish. Most would be hard pressed not to admit that functionally our national language IS english, and I firmly believe if you want to immigrate and become a citizen of ANY country you should be required to learn to speak read and write functionally if not fluently the predominate language of that country as a matter of course in being granted citizenship. I also do not feel such a requirement is unreasonable. What I do agree with is a cessation of bending to the wishes of illegals and those who want to be here but don't want to be citizens and their demands for all of the benefits without accepting any of the responsibilities that go along with them. For an example the last time I was in California the State Public Health Service and Department of Fish and Game were posting notices along the beaches, fishing piers, docks and markets with health warning about restricted consumption of various marine species, while this wouldn't be exceptional what was is the Notices were printed not only in English and Spanish, but also Vietnamese and Korean! Excuse me? I think that's just a wee bit overboard.

10. deadman03

deadman03 G&G Addict

nc
    anyone can learn english, not everyone can have blonde hair and blue eyes, (not naturaly). i believe the only reason to have any other language would be to have a common language around the world, and thats not happening, not in my life time anyway.

11. I have no problem with the notion that English is the common language of the country. It is, and it should be encouraged to remain so.

But I see no need to go the way of the French Canadians, who made French the 'official' language of Quebec Province. Last I heard, they were actually fining bars for putting up signs in English for the benefit of American tourists...

12. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Sacre bleu!

13. Just be like everyone else and talk out of your asses. I do not understand most people anyway, it all sounds like one big FFFFFFAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTT. I vote gas passing as the new universal way to communicate when talking about politics, illegals and language. For what its worth again we pander to the minority so k- posa, whats up G, french fry and pull my finger. Understand?

14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

None of the candidates left over from the primaries would make a pimple on a real statesmans butt,imo.:34: