Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an FR-8 Mauser today at the gun show. Real nice, looks like someone tried to refinish the stock as it has run and dried. Nothing that I can't fix.

Paid 180$.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not yet; might be a awhile as my scanner is put away till I finish the new BR.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
I bought an FR8 last year for $150...Ex.cond with original sling and front sight adjuster....

Just sold it last week for $325...:D

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,958 Posts
You got a good deal, as prices here generally run around $250 - NRAJoe made out like a bandit!! :kinky:
I paid $225 for mine.

Lots of fellers on the Gunboards.com CETME/FR8 forum are in search of the
FR8 rifles, and demand can run the prices up. They can get positively ridiculous on the gun auction sites!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I want a 8mm now. My 7mm is just not enough anymore after shooting the 8mm. So, the 7mm is like a .270 and the 8mm is like the .308?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I read where you had one Joe. How did it shoot as far as accuracy.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe did your bolt seem loose when it was not loaded? When the bolt is set to fire it has a nice firm feel to it but when it is in a safe position it seems loose.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
THe 7mm and 8mm can't be That different. THe bolt on mine is a little loose as well, I think that was how they were designed.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
Yeah, it was a little loose. Never checked for accuracy...put 20 rds through her and put her away...didn't care for the sights or the recoil.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I enjoy my Mauser very much! Great rifles and shoot like a dream

1 - 15 of 15 Posts