Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,126 Posts
Intriguing. Where did you find them? Are there any more of them? What do they cost?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw two to day at auction and WTS boards. Low was $190 high was $350. Condition condition and condition set the price. Originaly imported in the mid 80's they came with bayonet,sling and cleaning kit. There is a fine one at auction now stalled at $450. I gt lucky and have three and only one has been fired. I just had to shoot it.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
I had one of those about 5 yrs ago...paid $150 for it, sold it 6 months later for $375.

They are cool but kick pretty good and have strange sights on them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a FR8 my dad bought me for my 12th birthday (I'm 21 now, nan, it's been that long? haha) and I never fired it until a year ago. I just had too much fun shooting my Mosins, M1 Carbine and Garand. I had thought about selling it off until I finally shot it in April of '09 and the kick was less than I had imagined it it was real fun to shoot.

I finally took it out deer hunting last November and although I didn't see any deer, I did managae to hit a running turkey (hen) at about 75 yards just below the neck with one well placed 150 grain Federal soft nose .308 round with the open notch V-sight. There was a whole group coming in until my brother-in-law spooked them when he clicked the safety off on his Valmet, then they took off like bats outta hell.

I need to get the front sight adjustment tool to hopefully adjust the 200m peep sight for 100m

1 - 6 of 6 Posts