Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing one listed for a pretty low price, I started thinking of how I would make one suit me. Every mod i can think of makes it look more like an AR-15.

First, I'd do something about the reciprocating charging handle. Either I'd mount one on the side, or make some enclosure for the existing handle where you pull it with a non-reciprocating handle. Then I'd do something about the plastic sites. Maybe install an AR-15 front and rear site. And depending on how the furniture attaches, maybe even AR furniture that I have laying around, since I've never had an AR.

Yeah, it wouldn't fold anymore, but I never needed it to fold anyway.

So is this on your list of reasons to shoot me, or you think it's a good idea?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,690 Posts
A CAR-15 buttstock fitted over the recoil spring tube, as long as it's about 2" longer than the original stock. Good idea.
The ability to take hi-caps is a good thing. Definitely replace those horrid Mattel sights. The elevation-adjustable front sight of the Hi-point is a neat aluminum casting that slips on the barrel and locks with setscrews - should be easy to adapt. If a Weaver base could be fitted atop the receiver, there are some rear sights that can be attached to it.
I never liked the folding idea either. I figure if you need something that compact, get a MAC11 or a handgun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts