Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I don't take prisoners...
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 73 year old neighbor works for a retirement village.(pool pass checker)
He came over last week and gave me a minty H&R mdl 622 revolver (22 caliber). Seems that a elderly resident where he worked had it, and no longer wanted it. He has little interest in it, so he gave it to me. He did say that the person said it dosn't always work. I tried cocking it a few times and it would jam up. Discovered a piece of plasic bushing inside the revolver had broken and would cause the jamming. The plastic was an extention on the hammer strut spring. I removed it and shimmed the 'shortage' with washers. Works pretty decent. It is the "pull-pin" type where you have to remove the cylinder to load and unload. They say it was H&R's most in-expensive revolver, BUT a big seller. I guess people just wanted a bed side gun and planned not shoot it often, nor care about quick reloading.
Can't complain it was free...but how come they don't give away Pythons?
%H&R Mdl 622.JPG

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Never look a gift gun in the chamber?

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Reminds me of an elderly neighbor lady in a townhouse next to ours. She came over one day and said she went in her grandson's bedroom, (He was living with her) and found two .22 rifles. Said she didn't want no guns in her house and said you two want them? So me and me roommate look them over. One was a newer lke Marlin, and the other was an older crudded up one. Since my roommate owned the townhouse I agreed he got first choice, he took the Marlin. I took the other, cleaned it all up, and found I had me a Colt Lightning pump rifle in .22 long. (Not long rifle!) Looked up the serial number and it was made in 1917. (WW I was probably still going on!) I ended up with a WAY more expensive gun. But I never did find any .22 long ammo for it and ended up selling it for a couple hundred bucks during some bad times.

Reactions: blaster
1 - 4 of 4 Posts