Free Gun Facts e-book

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by quietman, Aug 18, 2010.

1. quietman

quietman G&G Newbie

Go here and download a free book called gun facts:
    Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

Here's a description of the book from the site.
    INTRODUCTION: Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.

Gun Facts has 98 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.

Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with nearly 500 detailed footnotes). Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some sound bite about firearm control policy, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.

Some of the topics covered

* Gun Shows
    * Assault Weapons
    * Sniping Rifles - Sniper Rifles
    * Handguns For Women Handgun Sales
    * Violence and Violent Crime
    * 2nd Amendment Issue
    * "Pocket Rockets" and "Saturday Night Specials"
    * Concealed Carry and Concealed Weapons Permits
    * Licensing and Registration
    * Firearm Deaths (Homicide, Accidents)
    * Social Costs of Guns
    * Children and Guns
    * Automatic Weapons
    * 50 Caliber Rifles
    * Microstamping
    * Ballistic Fingerprinting
    * Assault Weapons Ban
    * Crime Gun Traces
    * International Gun Ownership and Crime
    * Gun Dealers
    * Gun Control Statistics
    * Deadly Force Encounters
    * Guns, Crime, Criminology and Crime Prevention (Self Defense)
    * Firearm Availability
    * Guns and Police (Law Enforcement/LEO)

2. Cool! I might have to print up a copy and carry it with me to knock Antis down a peg when they start blabbering.

I hope it defines the term "assault weapon" as having full-auto capability...

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

You don't need a book for antis, simply ask them for a def and watch them turn purple, LOL !!

4. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Hell bells,
    Knock them down in the dirt, anyways.
    Good swift kick, does wonders!!

Then kindly tell them.
    That a human foot, is a ASSAULT weapon!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  5. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

Unless that foot belongs to Chuck Norris, then it is a Weapon of Mass Destruction! :rocketwhore:

Good find quietman!

6. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    It's astonishing how many anti's don't know the difference between a buttplate, a buttpad and a butthole. I treasure a video of the obnoxious Carolyn McCarthy getting pinned to the wall by a news anchor when she was pushing for the renewal of the Slick Willy Gun Ban. The anchor asked her to define a handguard and explain what it did. She hemmed and hawed and blathered, and tried to change the subject twice, but each time the anchorman repeated the question to keep her answer on point. She finally admitted she couldn't define it or explain it. The anchorman made her look like a complete idiot. I've done that kind of thing to more than one loudmouthed anti-gunner. If you are going to oppose something, you at least ought to know what it is you are opposing and have all your facts straight!