close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Free Guns in Chi-town!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Big Dog, May 7, 2002.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

it seems above board and all the applicable laws are applied. what the recipiant does is up to him. at least he's taking on the democraps and HC Inc in a little different manner.Chicagos daley couldn't care less about the honest citizen and their efforts toward self-preservation.i liked the idea about supporters going to the park with their fanny packs., but it would be better to have a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in them.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The handgun giveaway does not appear to be breaking any laws, provided that the applicable forms are filled out and the transferees are not convicted felons, et cetera. In theory, the guns can be legally transported, so this can not be legally considered as a conspiracy to violate state laws.

4. I saw something on our local news on this aweek or so ago, First time I sw the article though. I too agree with the guy I just hope those who win and those who follow suit don't have the boys in black or the locals giveing them an crap over it. GOOD LUCK CHICAGO.

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

They really need to reform that state and to stop letting cities dictate something that is protected under the 2nd Amendment

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Thats' what confused me Shaun, seems that the Chicago "no gun" law is a mere city ordinance. I had never heard of a city ordinance being a felony degree crime. In my state, most or possibly all city ordinances are punishable by fine only, no extended jail time involved. This site has opened my eyes as to how lucky I am to live in a gun friendly state.

7. BigDog,

In Marbury vs. Madison, the SCOTUS decided that unjust laws were not mandatory to obey. The Chicago city ordinance is an unjust law, ergo, to disobey it would not be a felony.

That does not mean that someone who did not obey it would not be prosecuted. It just means that to disobey it and get caught would be a case for the SCOTUS to enforce their reasoning.

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Thanks, I had misunderstood. In that case, I agree all the more with the redoubtable Mr. Birch. This should be left to the state to decide, not the city. Why do they think their crime is so high, when they muzzle the honest citizen this way? But you can't accuse the Liberals of being too logical. If this works in Chicago, I wonder if the people of New York, Los Angeles and other big citys might follow suit?

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Columbus, Ohio tried to ban assault weapons twice in the last 8 years. Both times, the city was taken to court, and both times the bogus ordanaces were overturned. Hopefully the same will happen in Chicago soon.