close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

French? Flintlock pocket pistol set

Discussion in 'Antique Firearms' started by Brad Hannesson, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Brad Hannesson

Brad Hannesson G&G Newbie

Nd
    Just wondering if anyone has info on this pair of flintlock pocket pistols I have. No markings that I can see other the a 1 on the barrel of one and a 2 on the other. They have screw off barrels and flip down triggers. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attached Files:

2. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I'm not even close to an expert or even a novice.
    but I would want to say German or English more than French.
    the French usually done much finer scroll work and had grips that were much more broom handle like with different ornamentation.
    [​IMG]
    these are English.
    [​IMG]

the English ones will generally have a proof mark on the bottom of the barrel or where the barrel screws on.
    a Crown of some sort and maybe some initials.

3. Brad Hannesson

Nd
    I’m only saying French because someone told me they thought French or Belgian from around 1800. I have no idea tho.

4. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I had to do a little looking to come up with those pictures.
    just try googling English flintlocks and french flint locks with drop down triggers and you can usually find pictures then some places that deal with them a little digging on their sites should give a fair idea of when and who [or where anyway] and how much type stuff.
    the smaller caliber ones were also known as Muff pistols as well as pocket pistols.

5. Brad Hannesson

Nd
    I’ve been looking for a couple weeks and email a lot of people. That was the only little bit of info I got.