close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

French MAS targets

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Took the MAS 36 to the range...set up at 100 yards..iron sites and surpluss ammo..FMJ Ball.. Ill post the taregt pics..This thing screams for a scope...:assult:

Attached Files:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

2nd pic

Cant seem to post but one pic per post so here is #2.

Attached Files:

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Not bad Doglips.

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Doglips:

I'm not familiar with your French Mas 36. Can I assume it was made for French fighters during WWI?
    Tell me more about the gun. I'd be interested an more information.

Oxford

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

This one the MAS 36 is French WWII (Mine is dated 1936) vintage but converted to .308 from MAS 7.5 french by Century Arms...from what I read they unscreew the barrel..cut off 2 threads and put it back in. The magazine holds 6rounds..like a mauser or mosin it is fixed box type. It comes with a peep type site and like most milatary rifles has elavation out too 1200 yards (bit optamistic with iron sites). If you look at the pic the bolt is kinda strange..the lugs are BEHIND the magazine area...rear locking as opposed to "Normal" rifles that lock near the chamber. If there are no rounds in the magazine then the bolt is kept open by the magazine follower...have to push it down with the fingers to close the bolt. Centuray added a flip safty by the triger..realy basic design but guess they had to apease BATF. Triger pull is loke most milatary rifles HEAVY...but mine seems smooth and crisp .. still heavy... The bayonet is kinda neet...it is a spike type..it fits in a tube under the barrel (like a cleaning rod...which is what I thought it was at first).... when removed the bayonet is fliped over and the handle goes in to the tube and held in with a spring loaded clip set up...realy kinda neat.. Wifee poo paid $139.00 for it after shiping to the house was $151 (per the invoice)..thats with a C&R lic.
    On the web most of the stuff I found delt with the MAS 49s (Simi Auto) that were simi auto and converted to 308....appearently the gas system could not handle the pressures and problems were noted.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Doglips:

Thanks a whole lot. You sure do know a lot about this gun. I'm impressed. Does it kick much when fired? Do you plan to put a scope on it?

Best of luck with this gun. Sounds like you've zeroed in very well on your targets.

Oxford