From Our Animal-Loving Friends:

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Guess Ill have to cancle my annual BBQ to rase $$ for PETA...oh wate I belong to People Eatign Tasty Anamiles....so the BBQ is still a go :)

From Our Animal-Loving Friends:

-- The president of United Poultry Concerns, a poultry advocacy group, is complaining that AFLAC insurance's new ad campaign presents ducks in "dangerous, unnatural, and degrading situations" and should be cancelled.

Karen Davis is concerned about an ad implying that a duck fell from an enormous height and landed hard and another that shows a live duck hanging upside down in a bat cave. She is demanding that AFLAC stop putting animal abuse images in people's minds.

-- The folks at PETA have put a Pennsylvania church on notice that its annual pig roast is unchristian and will be the subject of protest unless it agrees to serve vegetarian food instead, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Hibernia United Methodist Church has for years roasted a couple pigs as part of its annual fair, which also includes craft tables, balloons, games for children, and an antique car display. "By hosting a pig roast, your church is lending its imprimatur to factory-farming practices that are clearly and completely at odds with Christian values," a PETA spokesman said.

-- Another PETA chapter is irked at Lindenwood University in Missouri for accepting pigs in lieu of tuition from some cash-strapped students, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

For several years, the school in St. Charles, Mo., has accepted pigs then served the meat in the school cafeteria. Lindenwood President Dennis Spellmann started the practice to help family farmers send their children to college. But Bruce G. Friedrich, director of vegan outreach for PETA, suggested in a letter to the school that Jesus had been an ethical vegetarian and that the university's Christian roots should cause it to reconsider the program. Spellmann said he has no intention of doing so.
    :p

2. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Ducks dont taste that good anyway.:confused: :D

3. Benny

Benny Guest

I really don't think that Jesus was a vegetarian. God gave us animals to use (not torture like these wackos think). Besides a little BBQ piggy tastes a whole heck of a lot better than some lettuce and tofu.

Benny

4. johno

johno Guest

i'd like to see one of those PETA people show me where in the bible it says that.

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

For some really good tasting pork or beef, come to Kansas City, the bar-b-que capitol in the heart of America. Arthur Bryant's in my opinion is the best. Also, there's several top class restaurants that are all in about the same class as Arthur Bryants.

Try it and I'll guarantee you'll like it.
    Oxford :nod:

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Locally, we go to "Tiny Register's Highway 20 Bar-be-cue" - Ummmm . . . good! The Register family has been in the business for many years, and they do it right! Being just down the road from me is a plus, too. Funny, I've never seen PETA-freaks there.

7. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Leave it to the PETA jerks to boycott a church. I am sure Jesus would be SO proud of them.....

8. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

PETA pukes - for the love of God and meat!

That's why they sacrificed so many lambs back in the day. Does PETA actually think they killed the lamb and then just left - no they had a BBQ and danced and worshipped and proably drank BEER too. Well at least I hope they did.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2002
  9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Beer or wine...take your choice.

Stopper: I've been reading lots of Roman history books lately and they indicate that beer and wine were common staples served with most meals. Those times go as far back as around 800 B.C. Wine was probably the most popular of the drinks.
    Oxford:D :nod:

10. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

Have you guys ever seen a tofu chicken?, basically it's tofu or soy"meat"replacement, that is set in a mould like a chicken,

looks like chicken,
    well hell it must be chicken! dig in!

11. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Yeah Mick my Moms into that a little :throwup:

12. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Tommy Wilson's Wetmore Store and BBQ (Wetmore TX, town inisde of San Antonio), all the way. I think I'll have some raw red meat tonight just because I hate the hairy arm-pitted PETA chicks!

When I'm done with my raw red meat, the dog and I will go outside and mark our territories like primal wolves!

13. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

1* if you ever had it you lost it.:D

14. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

I've just had a look at the PETA site, what a load, they are trying to get the Greenbay Packers to change their name, huh, I mean really.

15. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Mark, I'm told that once I did , in fact, have it. Not sure where it went, but I know I did not receive any royalties for it! LOL

16. wes

wes Guest

I had it once too,1*,but I left it in the backseat of a taxi.

17. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

MarkII 22:

Speaking of royalties, I'm still waiting for my royalty from MarkII 22. You know...10 cents for every time my handle gets posted if he'll do the collecting. Send it to me as soon as it reaches more than one dollar. My cut is still 50/50, not 25/70 as you tried to change. That's the price you pay for harassing me in the humor forum today.(ha)
    Oxford:D :nod:

18. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

I did not agree to that. It was all in your head. (lots of room for it to bounce around in there) :D:D:D :nod: :nod: