close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fughazi

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by cerian, Mar 19, 2002.

1. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

can anyone direct me to where I can find information/pictures on this gun please?

also - can someone desribe the Weaver stance?

Thanks

2. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

can't anyone help??

thanks

3. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

anyone????????

4. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

Weaver stance

Ok, here ya go. Stand facing your target at 45 degrees, strong side farther from the target than the weak side. Feet about shoulder width apart. Strong foot should be perpendicular to the target, and weak foot, "comfortable".(some say the weak foot should be at a 45 to the target also) Strong leg should be straight, and weak leg should be bent slightly at the knee, and your weight slightly forward. Correctly grip your handgun(revolver or auto doesn't matter) in the strong hand at about waist level. (pointing down, in the safe direction, of course, and finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard) Now, you are also going to grip the weapon with the weak hand too. The fingers of the weak hand are going to be placed on top of the fingers of the strong hand as if the fingers of the strong hand act like finger grooves. The thumb of the week hand will be placed alongside the thumb of the strong hand; NOT ON TOP OF THE STRONG HAND THUMB!! That is the easiest way to loose the top of your thumb when shooting an auto. Some people place the first finger of the weak hand on the trigger guard and some do not, opting to place it on top of the fingers of the strong hand. This is largely a matter of comfort, and to some extent, an aid to aiming. I place my finger on the trigger guard of my auto but not my revolver. By doing this my sights are aligned properly when I raise my weapon(s). Ok, we're ready to raise the weapon. You are going to "push" the weapon "out and up" with the strong hand, while offering resistance with the weak hand. This dose three things: 1. It insures that the strong arm is straight. 2. The weak arm will be bent at the elbow, and under the weapon,(as if holding a long arm) to support the strong hand. 3. It will allow the strong side cheek to contact the strong side shoulder.(again, think of this being a cheek weld like on a long arm) You want to raise the gun sights to align with your line of sight, NOT lower your line of sight to the gun sights. You are now ready to disengage your safety(on an auto) and fire.

Notes: 1. You may want to practice this using slow deliberate movements in your home before going out shooting, so this technique will be comfortable to you when you begin shooting. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR WEAPON IS UNLOADED WHEN PRACTICING AT HOME.(No unintentional discharges please) You may even want to practice this without your weapon in hand. 2. When drawing your weapon from a strong side holster, your weak hand should be "at the ready" at about waist level. Complete the grip, and then "push" into the stance as practiced. 3. When drawing from a shoulder holster(or other weak side holster) the weapon will be drawn in front of the body at waist level, to the point where you have practiced attaining your two hand grip, and then raise the weapon to the line of sight.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If I forgot something then anyone please add to this. Hope this helps. -UR.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2002
  5. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Thanks!

How about Fughazi?

6. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

Sorry, can't help ya with that one. -UR.

7. Peter

Peter G&G Newbie

Isn't that a band? Never heard of a gun named that.

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    i dont think fughazi is a gun- to the best of my knowledge its a vietnamese word that means ,all f------d up.

9. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Fughazi, A fake, not real, Like Hi my name is John Fughazi. Or this diamond is a Fughazi...

10. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i shoot in a stance very similar to the weaver and i have noticed my groups get considerably tighter. and for the record, "fugazi" is the name of a band. they are more in the punk/alternative genre, based out of d.c. and interesting to see live. i don't however, know of gun by the same name.

11. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

How is your stance different from the Weaver? -UR.

12. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Oh........... :-(
    WRT to Fughazi being fake........

I was told by a couple of gun enthusiasts that it would be a good gun for my fictional requirements (I'm a writer)........... does that mean they were taking the mickey?
    This was some time ago, and I seem to remember researching it then, and finding info on it........... But my memory's very bad. Thought it was Italian?

13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A Google search for this shows a lot of stuff on the band, a computer services company, and a Ferarri dealer but no handguns. If such a pistol existed, it probably was not popular enough to generate a fan base. I think that guy was yanking your chain.

14. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

yeah, beginning to think so myself.
    Although, what kinda idiot does that make the guy in one of my Uni classes, when he goes; 'oh yeah, I know that gun - it's italian' ?

hehehe

15. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

No,NO,NO! Its, "Death by Fughazi." an old joke I heard overseas 30 years ago.
    later
    Tinman
    :D

16. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

Next you'll be telling us all about this old Man From Nantucket! -UR.