close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Full circle

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Armorer, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Paging Itcboy,

Well I bit the big one this weekend. I went to the gunshow. Only found some 3rd world match ammo.

I don't know about you, the last time out, I burned up 87 rounds. At $400 bucks a case for Match. I see me going to the poor house quick. (Heck I see me going there anyway :)

I bit the big one. Saw the brand new Shiney red reloading set ups. $400 plus. I went around to varous tables and picked up everything I need for $150. Well almost :) I bought new a case trimmer ($70). Still have to get an electric powder scale.

All the stuff in 60's vintage RCBS. In top notch working order. A lot of it was new old stock. All the same stuff me Dad had, that I used when I was a kid.

I have been asking folks what I have to do to hit a pie plate at 1000 yards with my M1 Garand.

I got many different answers. A lot of incorrect bullet formulas.

Will instead of paying $400 for a lot of 168gr Fed Match. (500 yard stuff)

I can reproduce Lake City M72 Match now.

173gr FMJBT Spitzer, 47.5 grs 4895 (2635fps), LC new brass, and Federal Match 210 primers.

I also got some new state of the art 178 gr Poly Tip BT Hornady Match. I'll make up a special batch of long distance rounds with these.

Any one wanna bet I'll have 1/2 MOA Match rounds or better :)

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Good job I just wished I had the time to do it . I would love to buy the set up but it would sit and grow dust balls hehehehe. One day if rifles don't come with wood I will have the time. Rick B

3. Armorer--

I am very interested in getting some ammo from you. I will pay you whatever you think is fair. I will save the brass and send it back to you. Let me know if you are interested. I dont want to impose on you though if its too much for you to handle.

4. Armorer

Armorer Guest

No Dude,

You will buy LC new brass. If you want to be a long distance operator, you have to pay the toll :)

I'll PM you the web site where to get the brass and bullets