Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some folks have nothing but evil to say about the .40SW in the Glock, but I have found it a pretty good experience. Awhile back, I got to shoot a range buddy's Glocks (he has nine at last count!), and I've found that three of them shoot really well for me.
The target in this pic was the long-slide .40SW Model 35 shot by me at about 7 yards (Ray's preferred practice distance for defensive shooting):

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/93045/GlockM35target.JPG

Being a dedicated Colt 1911 owner/shooter, I'm trying real hard to keep hating the Glock pistols - but it gets harder all the time, when I shoot like this!
Oh heck - There may be a "plastic pistol" in my future after all . . .

The other one's I shoot well are the full-size 9mm and the compact .45ACP model. Sorry, can't keep all those model numbers straight. :)

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,870 Posts
Great shooting Big Dog.
Iv'e always found the Glock family to be Accurate and functional. Albeit the issues with factory barrels and lead fodder.

My only hang up with them is that they are just no good to hold and look at. I'm still a wood and steel type of guy. For example, my Sx2 is a great functional gun, but I don't get it out much to admire how it looks. Aluminum and synthetic stocks don't do much for me.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That G35 looks alright, with the longer slide. I'd carry a Glock for CCW, but the 35 is too long. Once I get my CCW, I'll probably go for the single-stack .45 Compact model. My little finger doesn't know where to go, but the thing shoots very well! I figure it would be more than adequate in a defensive situation. I don't envision any drawnout firefights. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Only drawback is the trigger pull on the first round. If you let the tigger all the way forward it will be the same as the first but,, if you just release the trigger a bit till it clicks(not all the way forward) the trigger pull will be close to a 1911. Takes som practice but works well. I got rid of the mod 19 for the 23. to match the ser 70 1911 in 40 S&W

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:
G23 is my everyday companion, nuff said

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts