close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fyi

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, May 10, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

saw this on another forum I use

Media Alert: 60 Minutes

On Sunday May 12, Dr. Timothy Wheeler will appear on CBS' 60 Minutes to discuss the controversial practice of physicians
    questioning patients about gun ownership. Check your local listings for the exact showtime.

Dr. Wheeler, a southern California surgeon, is the director of Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO), a project of the
    Claremont Institute launched in 1994. With more than 1,300 physician-members nationwide, DRGO supports the safe and lawful
    use of firearms. One of its major projects is countering the bad science and ideological bias behind the attempt to treat guns as a
    "disease" that threatens public health--the topic of the 60 Minutes segment.

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I just got a new doctor, and on his wall was a poster by the CDC. The poster had questions for doctors to ask, and one of the questions was if the patient had a gun in the house. I told the doctor not to even bother asking me about it, because I did own a couple. The doctor looked at me and said not to worry-he thought it was an ignorant question. He personally doesn't own one, but he doesn't condemn people who do. It's a matter of personal choice. Told him he and I would get along just fine..........

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

haven't been to a Dr. in years and I think the only way I'll go in is on a gurney

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I had a few VA drs as that ?? I usealy give them a silly look ang go yep got it right here wanna see it. Then explain the Marine corps version of gun vs rifle..fighting vs fun...man Drs have no sense of humor.

5. Interesting to watch

Thanks for the heads up.

I can hardly wait to see the hatchet job 60 minutes will do with the Dr.

As to the Doctors not having a sense of humor, you have to understand their frustration and mindset.

1st, remember they went to liberally dominated universities for many years of study. Liberalism is like poison ivy, it can rub off on ya if your surrounded by it.

2nd, many doctors in residency, especially ER Doc's, see the horrible damage a bullet can do to the human body. Many on a daily basis. The same is true for Military Doctors that have seen field action.

I don't condone the stance, or the questionaire but I can understand how Doctor can come to that stance. Especially if they were anti gun and Liberal to begin with.

The first step in defeating your opponent is to understand what makes them tick.

Or drop a 60 ton weight on them while they are shaving.....
    (ala: Monty Python):spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, the same ****ed ER doctors also see the damage that can be done with hypodermic needles. Yet DOCTORS use them. Give that reply if anyone uses the bullet damage argument.

7. True

Howdy Klaus,

You'll get no argument from me there. I was just making an observation based on some of the medical types I know......

"Spoooooooooooooooooooooooon!!" {The Tick}:nod:

8. And the good doc noted it in his records either (a) for the purpose of reporting it to the CDC, or (b) leaving it in your records so when the government takes them over (like Klintoon wanted to) they will have secondary confirmation for the F-Troop ninja squad.

Whenever anyone asks me if I have guns, I grab my crotch and say, "I got your big gun right here!" They usually drop the subject at that point.

9. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Klaus,that statment of how the doctors see the damage a hyodermic needle does compared to firearms was outstanding,and,as far as I have seen,never been brought up before!I think the thought should go further than this forum and should be used to further our cause and to deflate the liberal baloon.:nod: :nod: :nod: :assult:

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

IT IS A PROVEN FACT THAT DOCTORS ACCIDENTLY KILL MORE PEOPLE EVRY YEAR THAN PEOPLE WITH GUNS DO, ALMOST DOUBLE THE AMOUNT! ASK THE DOC HOW MANY PEOPLE HAS HE ACCIDENTLY KILLED WHEN HE ASKS YOU ABOUT GUNS.