G&G down again?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AllAlaskan, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Did any one else have a "could not find your website" error for the last 36 hours or so? Night before last I logged out of the chat and wanted to check a couple posts before I went to bed but said that it could not find my website....and all day yesterday same thing. Wasnt untill about 15 mins ago I was able to finally get back on..........my G&G withdrawls were getting bad!

2. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

3. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

It was all PSLMANS fault, He was playing with some wires in Arkansas

4. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

I haven't been able to access the site from my Home, until around today's lunch time. I was able to access it from my cell phone's browser and from sites off-site from my house, though.

From what I can gather, the site crashed last Thursday and Chris changed it to a different server or maybe host. It took a while for all of our ISP's nodes to get the update from GoDaddy, G&G's host (I think). It seems to be good now though. ::Crosses Fingers::

5. I knew about that, but I was able to get back on Friday and saterday without problums. But then sunday night and all day monday and up till 12noon Alaska time I wasnt able to get on.

6. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Yea, it was intermittent for me as well. Would work for an hour or so, then would close me out for 8 hours, then let me in for a while, then not connect again for a long time. Seems to be stable again now, though.

7. BigCaneSwift

BigCaneSwift G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yes ,was only able to get on .The site is going up and down like a yo-yo!

8. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

Just got back from Seabeescotty's and finally able to get on.

9. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

We went through a rough patch with a server. Followed by a major issue with the DNS.

I would say the worst is over. We should be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm hoping for a faster response for everyone.

10. BigCaneSwift

BigCaneSwift G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

As always Chris thanks, You are THE MAN!!

11. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

Yes you ARE The Man

12. Awsome :D I know you and the mods do your best to keep this place up and running. I was mostly wanting to make sure it wasnt just me lol.

13. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

I thought it was my Computer or Network...Havent been able to get on for 2 days...Thanks Chris, Keep that server bunch straight !

14. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Okay,okay.... I'm sorry !! it's all my fault. I've been trying to post a picture of myself and each time I do the forum crashes..... I promice to stop :nono:

15. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Thank you Chris for all your efforts. I know you have better things to do than get aggravated over computer issues. Your efforts though make so many happy.

16. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Thanks Chris, for all you do to keep us going.

17. For the love of G&G STOP IT!!! lol if the server cant handle your ugly mug I dont know if I could either :p