close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G W at Fort Drum

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wingman371, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Today was an interesting day, we of the 10th Mountain Division were honord with a vist from the white house. This man is as down to earth as I have ever seen. Walked up to the podium took off his jacket rolled up his sleeves. He began by thanking the command fro their hospitality and than thanked Gov. Geoge Pataki for being there as well as congress from the state of new york. When he mentioned senator clinton there was absolute silence not a cheer and very few claps I was impressed. It is amazing on how many folks are indiferent to this senator. He than thanked those of us that sacrifice our time energy and lives for the security of this nation, touching on the missions from Afgahnistan, Kosovo and Uzebekistan. He once again asked us to be ready and that we will be called on again, with the inuendo of taking out the next big threat without saying exactly who that may be. He left the stadium thru flags and cheers taking his time to break the barrior and shake the hands of many a soldier. thuis will be a day that will stay with me for years to come. After the speach a reporter came to ask questions and was hinting about Iraq, i told him he didn't really say that and he asked if we would be called so i told him that the public affairs office would know more than me, he turned around disgusted and walked away. Last thing I want to do is talk to the danged liberal press...I think we have a strong president and do believe he does care about those of us who fight and keep the constitution alive.:nod:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I meet George Sr. When he visited us in lebnon..he was the VP then...he seemed like a nice guy...

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

George Senior? You met George Foreman?

4. tonto

tonto G&G Newbie

About time you boys are recognized for your work up there, Fort Drum has really grown since I lived up there as a kid on a dairy farm some 18 years ago. My Uncle used to do his Guard drills there now it has grown to were it really has a good impact on the local area. Keep up the good work hope to roll through there in 4 weeks for a visit- The Nuth cuntry is like no were else(and the rest of the world is thankfull too) :)

5. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    glad you got to see some of our leadership. I got to see Hillary before they closed Howard in Panama. Yee Ha! My buddy walked up to AF1 and asked for a book of matches, he got told to go away.

6. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Jerry nice 45 in the avatar is it a custom job or factory built

7. jerry

USA
    Shaun,
    I can't claim this one (yet) just a dream I pulled out of cyber space. I do have a lightly customized Norinco that could probably hang with it though ;)

8. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

your one step up on me I am hoping to pick up a sistema this year if things go right -- then I will start building my custom rig. for now I carry a sig P220 with the lasermax laser

9. jerry

USA
    heard nothing but good about the Sistema. The one I held recently needed good sites. but, that would be on the shopping list any how.