close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 or P99?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I posted this over at the Walther board as well. I'm duplicating it in case members don't frequent both boards...
    Both are about the same size, same cost. Are they equally accurate? reliable? durable?
    If you already had 5 9mm pistols, which one would you get?

2. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Depends on the 5 9mm I already have...A friend of mine has a p-99, and it seems fairly accurate and dependable, but he hasn't had it that long. Then again, no problems yet with it so... I love my Glock 17, so I would say its up to you, and whats already in your collection. I would say either one will serve you well.

3. jamespeterman

jamespeterman G&G Newbie

I have the Glock 19 and will not part with it. I can't believe that the Walther P-99 and Glock 19 are the same price. Walther has always been about $ 200.00 more. I have never shot one, but I have handled them. They feel good in the hand and look good as well. If I had 5- 9mms, I would choose the Glock 19 or 17, CZ 75, Sig P-228, Browning H-P, and H & K USP. There are many fine 9mm pistols out there and many that I overlooked, but these would be my choices.

4. I've only got two 9mms and one is a G19. For the above, the Glock 19 is the way to go. It may not be pretty (though I think they are), but its some of the best combat plastic on the market... ;). My personal favorite is its big brother the G23, which I carry daily...

5. polarisgod

polarisgod G&G Newbie

My friend had 2-P99's one S&W mfg and one Walther,and the Walther was put together much better! But I thought they were too "busy" if you know what I mean. They gadjeted it up too much! They were also a little pickey about the ammo they would digest,especially with reloads!!! Any Glock I've ever owned would eat any ammo without a problem! I love to load one up with all different bullet types in the mag (roundnose,flat tip,hollow point,wadcutters,semi-wadcutters) then empty the mag as fast as my finger will let me! Never fails to make my point!