close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G2 Contender Exploded Drawing

Discussion in 'Thompson' started by olcop, Mar 27, 2014.

1. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

Have a two part question for you guys regarding the TC G2 Contender Pistol:
    1. What is the firing pin protrusion on the centerfire firing pin?
    It fires .44mag with nary a misfire so far, but 6.5 ammo (regardless of manufacturer) seems to produce about 25% FTF.
    2. Is there an exploded drawing of the G2 Contender available anywhere,? I bought the one from Numerich, but it isn't much help, my books show "Old Style Contender", but nothing on the G2.
    Will appreciate any help, info or advice.
    olcop

2. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    You might try TC customer service. They have been VERY helpful to me over the last 25 years.

3. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

TC G2 questions

Thanks, I'll give them a call.
    olcop

4. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

Billy,
    Thanks for the reply, but the first drawing is for a G1 Contender, (quite a bit different), and the second is an Encore Drawing.
    olcop

5. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

Finally found something that was very helpful, downloaded Mike Bellm's trigger mod info and it was pretty detailed about how to reassemble,although, I have disassembeled and reassembled it about 10 times so far, Problem now is that I have it back together, it won't cock, although, I have been told a couple of items that may fix that siltuation, but, we'll see today.

870 shooter 1, I called TC Customer service on the 27th of March, got voice mail and haven't heard back from them yet, guess they must be busy still with the transition.

In general, I would have to say that there is NOT good disassemble-reassemble info out there for the G2 that is readily accessible to a novice, Mike Bellm's site has the best info that I've found, but, even it is for an Encore and has footnotes for special instructions for the Contender G2.

But, thanks to all you guys, and good ol' Mike B.,and a little luck, maybe I'll get it back to functioning again. But, at this point, it is my first and last experience with any TC firearm.
    olcop