close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G23 LE trade ins

Discussion in 'Glock' started by K75RT, Jul 14, 2017.

1. I picked up a G23 Gen3 from Kings Firearms in Columbia, TN online and it arrived at my FFL a couple of days ago. It came in the Glock lunch box with the magazine loader, no magazines because my state says I can only have 10 rounders.... and the fired case and instruction booklet in an envelope. The gun is in nice used condition, very little wear but the night sights are rather dim. The gun was completely disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled. It was very dirty in areas that should not be. I think the last owner thought that dry graphite lube would keep everything slicked up....It was not oil that he used but I think graphite dry lube like you use on a lock. The gun had it in the area of the connector, it was evident in the striker and the trigger assembly. I scrubbed the heck out of the parts using Dawn detergent and hot water and a stiff bristled brush. It took a bit of work but she cleaned up nicely. It should be mentioned that graphite is not a recommended lubricant and NOTHING should be used on the striker. If anyone buys these used LE trade-ins definitely have someone check them out. I'd have to state that the department this gun came from most likely did not have an armorer or the officer thought he knew more than the armorer... There are some great deals on LE trade-ins caveat emptor

jerry, neophyte, shanebrews and 2 others like this.
  2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

It would take a lot more than a bit of graphite to keep a Glock from rockin' as it should!

The G23 is an EXCELLENT choice for all around shooting and carrying.

neophyte likes this.

3. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

Except that it is 4 numbers higher than it should be ;)

Coach and K75RT like this.
  4. Absolutely! The graphite was hard to remove but most likely its effects were minimal. My concern was the striker assembly, it was pretty dirty from the graphite but once removed and stripped it cleaned up nicely. I did notice that the trigger pull is cleaner once the gun was disassembled, cleaned and properly lubed...I am a fan of the .40SW it offers a lot and is readily available....plus I bought 3000 once shot cases back about 8 years ago....

neophyte and Ten Man like this.
  5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

How about a police trade-in recently it's still had the original factory grease in it

Ten Man and neophyte like this.
  6. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    I like my 19 too, great pistol!! Like a Timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!!

K75RT and neophyte like this.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

TWO POSSIBILITIES: It was SELDOM fired. OR It was NEVER cleaned! LOL!!!

8. Silver 83

Silver 83 G&G Addict

I picked up a complete top end G19 so I now can use it as a 9mm or 40mm.

jerry and Ten Man like this.