G3 Bipod

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mandy, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

Hi to everyone,
    I'll like to know if there is a way of installing securely a Harris bipod in the hand guard of my CA Sporter Centurion 2000?
    This G3 came with which I believe is a floating barrel setup and a slim hand guard.
    Any ideas? I would hate to scratch the Bluing because it is so nice.......
    If it's going to get scratched it better be using it, not upgrading it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Please don't suggest the universal barrel clamping system.

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Depends on if you're willing to work on the handuard. I got an extra handguard with a stock set, and used it to make a foregrip that attached with screws. If you're willing to drill your handguard, I'm sure you can do it. Question is whether the handguard is US made aftermarket, contract, or original HK. If I had all the tools I want I could custom make a mount. An even wierder idea if you don't want to drill your handguard or buy another is to use PVC to make a new handguard to drill. Find the size that fits in the back then find some way to manufacture something that will accomodate the pin in the front. Just spewing ideas like a good engineering student.

3. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

I don't know if the hand guard is US made or not because I don't know which parts are HK and which parts are US made.
    I think that they are US because the stock don't have the holes for storing the pins when removed.
    If I can buy another "blank" hand guard, I'll definetively experiment with it and keep the original just in case (I'm an engineer myself and an acomplished "do it yourself" kind of guy).
    Also I like the PVC idea, I'll think about it and post later, the only problem I can see right now is how to make the paint stick to the PVC and not peel off after a while.
    Writing this reply, came to me many ideas with this PVC thing, many radical designs and features, let me go downstairs, get my dremel, vernier caliper, torch and tape measure and try to figure out some wild design.
    Still the problem with the paint.
    Any special primer or paint additive for PVC?