Garand Barrel

Discussion in 'M1 Garand' started by Eric, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric Guest

I've got a early '42 SA that is in definate need of a new barrel (30'06). Where is the best place (quality/price) to get one. I don't need Match grade, just a good shooter. Also, the stock metal is in pretty poor shape. I see alot of companies selling stocks less metal. where can I find those parts? TIA Eric

2. rustler

rustler Guest

Eric - I have gotten most of my stocks and parts from eBay. Majority of sellers are honest and the prices aren't too bad. WWII barrels are expensive, but you could pick up a good shooter for $50 or so.

3. Rock

Rock Guest

4. Armorer

Armorer Guest

On E-Bay and a few of the gun action houses there are very good deals. I found a guy in IL. how installed a new VAR barrel AND sold me an NM op-rod all for $225.

I spend hours going through this places and rebuilt me M1 completely.

5. Eric

Eric Guest

Thaks Armorer, that's sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Email Barb King at [email protected] and tell her Rick B sent you. She has good parts most of the time and she is well respected int eh Garand community. I know she gets VAR barrels allot and has them on Ebay also under bbkings as her name. Hope this helps.. Rick B

7. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Barb is GOOD people! I got my gas cyl, and other parts from her. GOOD prices!