Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
g-dave and gbear 48: First, what is a timing block? How is it used? Sorry.
Source/history: Sprinfield Armory, 1944. I did not see any other mfgs names on gun parts. Is this what you meant? Thanks to you both. Dan
What gbear is trying to determine is if you have a welded receiver.On the right front leg is a drawing number,if that number isn't correct for the serial number of the rifle it usually means the receiver has been welded together from two halves of receivers that were demilled and welded back together,not necessarily from the same rifle.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
g-dave and gbear 48: First, what is a timing block? How is it used? Sorry.
Source/history: Sprinfield Armory, 1944. I did not see any other mfgs names on gun parts. Is this what you meant? Thanks to you both. Dan

Sorry about the late reply. Ongoing computer problems. The Timing block is almost at the bottom of the page with explanation of function.

M1Parts

HTH

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok,

I have this problem where my bolt catches serious friction during the cocking process, about half way through. I have to pull really hard on the op rod to get the slide all the way back. I've tried lubricating practically everywhere, but nothing helped.

I found out during the greasing process that when I don't lock my trigger group down into the stock, the bolt and slide operate flawlessly. Then, if I try to secure the trigger, it locks up again.

Any ideas?
Hi There, I’m brand new to the group and I have the same exact issue going on. Did you ever resolve it? What was the problem?
I know this is a very old thread

21 - 26 of 26 Posts