Garand/Quiz/Easy

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by eclancy, Sep 3, 2002.

1. eclancy

eclancy Guest

Hi all,
    Quiz: What made C64245 acceptable to Ordnance and
    C 46028 Not acceptable to Ordnance?
    Have fun
    Thanks again
    Clancy

2. leemozoid

leemozoid G&G Addict

Easy, huh? Ed, the highest "C" drawing number I can find is 46026. Any hints?

3. eclancy

eclancy Guest

Steve,
    The answer is the old front handguard C 46028 had a lip on it. Ordnance deemed it unacceptable and the new front hand guard did not have the lip. Ordnance changed the number to C 64245. I hope this data helps.
    Thanks again
    Ed

4. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I'm trying to be good since I have Mr.Pyle's book now and some of this info is in it. I am enjoying it though so dont stop but maybe a bit easier or let us in on some more great info. Thanks,,Rick B

5. RECORDS?

MY RECORDS SHOWED BOTH AS FRONT HANDGUARDS BUT NO CLUE AS TO WHY THE ORIGINAL WAS CHANGED. WHAT RESOURCE MATERIAL IS AVAILABLE? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

DANA

Last edited: Sep 10, 2002
  6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Mr Clancy has a ton of the arsenal records in his possesion. Hes has found information that many never new or led people to believe it was another way. I can't call him on the phone or my bill will be to high from asking more and more questions. Ed's the Man hehehehe Have I told you thanks Ed? Thanks,,Rick B

7. eclancy

eclancy Guest

DANA, Stock Doc,
    I had the plates from Ordnance rebuilding up on my site about 1 year ago. If you guys want I can post again. DANA, if you want a copy of that one file I can email it you to if you email me.
    Thanks again Stock Doc
    When it comes to stocks Stock Doc is the best guy around for redoing your stocks. I have over 30 years research seen many stocks, and he is the best.
    Take care. I hope this data helps.
    Thanks again
    Clancy

8. INFORMATION

WHAT I WAS ASKING WAS WHERE I CAN GET ADITIONAL INFORMATION BEYOND BROPHY,DUFF,AND PYLE?
    [email protected]

DANA

9. eclancy

eclancy Guest

DANA,
    You would have to get my book Vol.1 of the Garand Papers 1920 to 1937. It's the Ordnance files by date as to how the M1 Garand get into production. It's not what I say you READ the Ordnance files. Vol. 2 is all most ready it will cover 1938 and 1939.
    Check it out here:
    http://www.garandm1rifle.com
    I hope this data helps.
    Clancy
    PS there are two sites and have different Ordnance filess on each.