Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on the road yesterday. I came back today to find a long skinny cardboard box in my cubicle.

Initial impressions are good. Wood on the Dane is Walnut, has a lot of "character"

Fit and function seem good. Some replacement parts that are not SA. Not sure if the BBL is a VAR yet. Need to get the hand guards off. There is a pretty good amount of Muzzle wear, danged cleaning rods!

All in all, I feel like I got what I paid for.

link to pic
http://groups.msn.com/NorthAmericanGunrunners/stuffampthings.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1105

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I did it in the boss's office when I got it. Mike, if you see this just kidding :)

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Nice thing is the barrels are easy to take off and put new ones on.If you were near me I would do it for free. You should be able to see the manufacture when the op rod is pulled back. Is there a little oval with the WP in it {Winchester} or if nothing and the front end is ring marked and blue it is a Marlin.
What serial # range did you get? Enjoy Rick B :wave:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Doc.
I pull the op rod off and see,"R" which is upside down in relation to the gun to the right is.... 1 8 A 3 44.
The barrel actually dows not look to be in bad shape.

SN range is 2664xxx Around Feb of 43 according to jouster.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
You have a matching March 1944 rifle, at least the barrel receiver is correct for sure. Shoot it and you may be amazed at how it shoots. By the way that is 1 S A :insane: 3 44 not a 8 after the 1. Rick B

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your right, after closer examination it is a "S" not an 8. I'm starting to wonder about my eyes.
thanks,
jerry

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Those numbers are the "born on date" for that rifle. It is well past the sugested expiration date. I will take it off of your hands and properly "dispose" of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts