Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
When I went down to see Dr. Atwater about a small problem with one of the displays on the M1 Garand Rifle. They had it as being adopted in 1942. So Dr. Atwater and I went over some of my Ordnance files and got that problem taken care of. Dr. Atwater is a GREAT Gentleman to work with. So here is a copy of the Orginial Order on the M1 Garand. Remember, by this Order Ordnance was stating the M1 was ready for issue. However, no production M1 Garands came about until July 1937.

Gentlemen,
Sorry to say but I will NOT be posting to all of the sites I use to. Too many guys don't want my data as they state AGAIN it's a SALES pitch to buy my books and CD's. So not to make any problems this wil be my last posts to some of the sites. Mark me again I will get attacked for doing this. So I can't win.
So if you don't see my posts you know what happened. I hope you had fun and picked up some history on the M1 Garand Rifle
If you need a large copy of this file just email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks again
Clancy
http://www.garandm1rifle.com

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,902 Posts
"Gentlemen,
Sorry to say but I will NOT be posting to all of the sites I use to. Too many guys don't want my data as they state AGAIN it's a SALES pitch to buy my books and CD's. So not to make any problems this wil be my last posts to some of the sites. Mark me again I will get attacked for doing this. So I can't win.
So if you don't see my posts you know what happened. I hope you had fun and picked up some history on the M1 Garand Rifle"

I hope not here. I and several others that I know do not see it that way. What a bunch of morons.

Thank you for doing what you do. It's also importatn to keep the subject historicaly correct as you do. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
886 Posts
eclancy - If your postings were simply a front for conducting business (at our expense), I bet that Jesse would have shut you down a long time ago. If you find that there has been a lack of response to your postings, at times I felt that some of the detail was far too deep for someone who may have only a passing interest in the specific subject.

Some PHd's I know, do not have a large group of friends, because there are very few people who know enough to talk to them in their subject of study, and as one of them told me one day, "A PHd usually has a very narrow breadth of knowledge, but it is extremely deep!" [Another way I have heard that is, "A PHd has knowledge an inch wide and 20 miles deep!"]. It is a consequence of having tremendous knowledge of one subject.

I have learned a lot about the M1 Garand in reading your posts, and while I basically grew up with the M1 Garand, there is always something to learn (whether it is of major interest or just what some might consider "Just Trivia") about them. On my tour in the USMC, I carried an M1 Garand, and I learned to LOVE IT! The Riflemans' Creed, "This is my rifle, there are many like it, . . . ". Some of you may have thought I was going to repeat the little limerick from the movie, "This is my rifle, this is my gun, . . . ", but every Marine had to learn the Riflemans' Creed, at least when I was in Boot Camp!

Continue to post, PLEASE!

`

1 - 6 of 6 Posts