Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a "poor man's" trigger job that one can do on the M1. I'm looking for instructions here. I've got stones and know how but not on the M1 in particular. I've Googled up "M1 Garand Trigger job" but no straight forward here's how you do it articles come up. Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
M1 Trigger Job

Best I know is in Kulick and McKee's The M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guide, available from Fulton Armory at:

Fulton Armory: Fulton Armory Library

(That's a book; don't know of any web-based publications. Truth to tell, I'm not too sure I'd trust 'em, anyway!)

You do, however, want to very very very careful not to get the trigger hooks stoned down too much, nor to get the trigger pull too light. Don't let the pull go below 4.5 lbs., and 4.75 lbs. is even better to allow for wear. If you go too far with "smoothing" and "lightening" ol' Betsy will most likely at least double, and may fire off a complete clip of eight in sorta-kinda full-auto mode. Not a good way to become popular with Range Safety Officers!

Ben Hartley

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's a PDF article on M1 triggers That I converted from jpg or bmp sources I found on the web about a year ago.
M1 Trigger.pdf
Good general article on quickly improving the trigger pull quality, but not the pull weight (which requires altering the trigger and hammer sear surface angles).HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts