Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out ! :insane:

these pictures were taken by a state trooper helicopter flying over Lake Eufaula! That has to be one huge gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go water skiing on Lake Eufaula? If you do-try not to fall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
that one big reptile :eek:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
what's the date on the pic? that deer better have been taken in season or you'd better have a word with that gator ld.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I travel that area quite a bit and cross Lake Eufaula about 2-3 times a month on U.S. 69 and have never heard of gators around there. Guess I need to watch where I stop to whizz, huh?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,027 Posts
He's a good size - maybe ten feet, I'd reckon. I've seen bigger in Lake Talquin a few years back. We called him "Grandad". He was about 14 feet. He cruised close by us one day, and there was gator past both ends of our twelve foot boat!
Any gator from eight feet up is dangerous though.

They are best for leather use when around six feet - get much bigger and the skins are too thick and tough.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Is it dry like rattlesnake?

Logansdad said:
Gator tastes like rattlesnake :hmmm:
I've always basted rattlesnake with butter to keep it moist, so it doesn't get tough and chewy.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
That would work too, I guess

Bulletproof said:
what about a good marinade ?
It's not like I've had it so many times I'm getting tired of the butter, though. Just every few years when one waltzes into my yard. If I'm out in their yard instead, I leave them alone.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rattlesnake Lupinaci (loop-a-che-ni)
Thanks to Dan Lupp for passing along this recipe.

~ rattlesnake, cut into 4" - 6" strips
~ 1 tsp butter
~ fresh mushrooms, sliced
~ 1 large onion, chopped
~ 6 oz white wine (Syrah/Shiraz)
~ 4 oz oyster sauce

In a saute pan, melt the butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and onions. Saute until tender.

Add the snake strips. When the meat is 3/4th cooked add the wine. (flame out wine)

After wine liquid is cooked in, add the oyster sauce.

Cook until sauce begins to simmer.

Serve with baked potatoes and/or greens. Goes great on a bed of bbq'd squash.

Enjoy !

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alligator with Lemon and Wine Sauce

From Diana Rattray,

An alligator recipe with lemon and white wine

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds alligator meat, cut in bite-size pieces
* salt
* ground cayenne and black pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
* 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* Sauce:
* 1/4 cup seasoned liquid from boiled alligator
* 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* juice of 1 large lemon, or about 4 tablespoons

PREPARATION:
Cut alligator meat into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and red and black pepper. Place alligator in a large saucepan, cover with water and add Old Bay Seasoning. Bring quickly to a boil; boil 2 to 3 minutes. Remove gator from liquid (reserve liquid), drain, and let meat cool. Dip meat in yogurt and then in flour.

Heat oil with garlic; remove garlic and lightly brown meat. Transfer meat to paper towels to drain; keep warm until sauce is done.
Arrange meat on plate and serve with the sauce for dipping.

To make sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup reserved liquid and white wine; stir in cornstarch. Heat and stir until mixture starts to thicken. Add lemon juice and cook until thickened.
Alligator recipe serves 4 to 6.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts