Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say that I am very happy to think of the many rugers I have come into contact and they work with little or no maintence. This is more or less the exception and not the rule.
Here are a few pieces I am very happy with.

KP-90 with saltwater coating. This baby has been carried so many places with the family and has some wear. This is exceptional for being down at the coast.

SP101 Stainless - Once again this is a carry gun that my father and I switch with all the time. Awesome piece to carry with. Had the tail cut off for DAO. This has to be one of my favorite revolvers of all time.

Mini-14 GB - This baby had a special bake-on coating my dad refinished the gun with. This is one of the older models 181- series. This baby shoots like a dream, and is very accurate.

I know this isn't a lot of guns, but this is the guns that I come into contact with on a regular bases. I just wanted to say...thanks Ruger for making quality pieces!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I've actually had the consistent experience that Rugers are less than reliable, even with factory mags. That said I have seen a number of mags fired without jams, but I typically associate Ruger rifles with jamming. That said I haven't had a problem with Ruger auto pistols or revolvers.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I have a single six that I love, and a Ruger Mark III. Only jams when I shoot a lot of ammo and/or cheap stuff. Gonna get an p345 soon.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have shot several Rugers over the years. The only one I own at the moment is a 22/45. It is extremely reliable shooter. I just wish the owner was able to put it back together properly to continue to use it.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I have shot several Rugers over the years. The only one I own at the moment is a 22/45. It is extremely reliable shooter. I just wish the owner was able to put it back together properly to continue to use it.
I think that's my model. They are quite a pain in the @#$#@%@#$^ to put back together aren't they?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have followed the instructions to the letter and the bolt won't slide back without a shove and the slide release won't move. I am not missing any parts. I even tried another set of instructions from a private site. I tried different lubes in case it was a lube issue (don't think it is). I gave it to my buddy to try to disassemble and reassemble. He had the same results. So it sits in its plastic case at the moment. It vexes me, since it is my wife's favorite .22. She had to shoot another one yesterday and complained about not having her pistol working yet.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i get great accuracy out of my 10-22. a lot of people like their Ruger P series(right NRAjoe? :nod: ). i have seen a few of their wheel guns and i sure like them. never fired a mini 14 or 30 though. i would love to

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I have followed the instructions to the letter and the bolt won't slide back without a shove and the slide release won't move. I am not missing any parts. I even tried another set of instructions from a private site. I tried different lubes in case it was a lube issue (don't think it is). I gave it to my buddy to try to disassemble and reassemble. He had the same results. So it sits in its plastic case at the moment. It vexes me, since it is my wife's favorite .22. She had to shoot another one yesterday and complained about not having her pistol working yet.
Same here. You'd think they could figure out something a little better. Maybe?? Oh well, I've got plenty of time to mess around with guns, yeah right.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to toss a .44 Super Blackhawk onto the pile of good Rugers. My uncle just got one of the 10 and 1/2" models in Satin Stainless, and that thing goes bang everytime I ask it to. Aside from the back of the goofy shaped trigger guard biting my finger everytime I shoot it (I blame this on me having to "choke up" on the grip due to small hands), it is a great gun.

In a few short months I plan to get myself one in 7 and 1/2" Satin Stainless. When we start talking about a cheapskate like me spending my own money, you can rest assured that I am happy with what I have seen from them. :D

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Did I mention Hi-Standard easy take down,loosen one captive screw,on mine,or push one button,slide apart,clean,slide back,tighten screw,done.:lucky:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I don`t what the story is with the 22/45, but my GP100 is actually fun to dis-assemble and re-assemble. And I mean `dis-assemble`, down to the last spring and plunger. If you have not looked, the Ruger owners site has some wonderful insights into the guts of these guns.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't speak for the autopistols but I have 5 revolvers that have never failed me. They are, in my opinion, the strongest built revolvers in the industry. Have a heavy load to test???? Test it in a Ruger revolver. They are built like a bank vault.​

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I love Rugers! Every single Ruger I have ever had has never once jamed and been a great gun. Though I take really good care of my guns it shouldn't matter because that should go without saying and be a standard.

My P-95 was a great little piece and accurate, but I got tired of shooting nine and stepped it up to a 1911

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
I would settle just for a wife that likes to shoot. And I would run all over town trying to get her "baby" fixed!

·
Registered
159 Posts
another Ruger fan

I have had only great experiences with Ruger also. I have about 2,000 rounds thru my P95DC 9mm that I bought in 2000 and have had zero problems with it that weren't directly ammo-related. I got hold of some Remington green box FMJ rounds that jammed everything I put them in: Ruger P95DC, CZ75BD, Glock 19 (friends Glock). The Ruger and the CZ75BD have never hiccuped on anything else.

The Ruger still looks like new, inside and out, even with 2000 rounds thru it.

Jay1958

·
Registered
177 Posts
Haven't owned a Ruger semi-auto pistol but have and have had several revolvers and a mini 14. All have been very reliable and have never failed to function.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Where is Rookie Rover when we need him???? 3 straight spams in a row!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts