close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Georgia Democratic Rep. Urinates in Cup on Flight Home

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Got this off the ABC web site. Ill make ANYONE on this board a bet....all of us try this 1 time and see if we aint playing doctor in jail with bubba and the boys....but they are not sure he exposed himself....well now I know here in Florida we have to let Mr. Happy out of the pants to use it....and if its out side then its exposed.....Just like Clinton...this Democrat is somehow able to wip it out and yet not expose it.....

Congressional Leak
    Georgia Democratic Rep. Urinates in Cup on Flight Home

June 14 — Airline officials are trying to figure out if there is anything to be done after a Georgia congressman urinated into a cup on a flight from Washington to Atlanta on Thursday night.
    Democratic Rep. Sanford Bishop, flying from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to Hartsfield Airport on Delta Flight 1717, got up to go to the bathroom after the mandatory half-hour when passengers must stay seated, but found the lavatories on the airplane occupied, his office and aviation sources said.
    Sanford then asked a flight attendant for a cup, and "may" have said he intended to relieve himself, his office said.

He went to a section of the plane between the cockpit and first-class, then urinated into the cup, said Bishop spokesman Selby McCash, who described the congressman as "a very gracious and courtly gentleman."

No one accused him of exposing himself to the flight attendants or crew.

Controversy Over Dire Straits

There is some disagreement, however, over how dire the congressman's straits were.

McCash said Bishop had drunk a large amount of coffee, the flight had been delayed, and by the time the half-hour in the air was up, long lines for the bathroom formed at either end of the plane.

Bishop was in the middle of the craft and "in distress," McCash said.

After he relieved himself, he waited for a lavatory to become available, and "disposed of the cup," the spokesman said.

Sources, however, insist there was no line, and said the congressman simply couldn't wait.

Authorities briefly detained and questioned Bishop after the plane landed because the spot he chose to relieve himself is a secure area.

Delta officially had no comment on the incident.

:nod:

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Nothing wrong was done the way I see it. If a guy's got to go and no toilet is available he must do whatever is necessary or else go in his pants. Sounded to me like he made the proper efforts to use the plane's facilities but none were available and he didn't expose himself.

In fact, I don't suppose this story would have made the news except for the fact the guy was a congressman.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Been there done that, better than going in my pants! Been in security over 20 yrs and have had to go in some strange places!

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I agree, he did what he had to do. I'm just glad he was a democrat.

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

There's two things you never pass up when you get older

Two things you should never pass up when you get an opportunity, especially as you get older...bathrooms and sex.

In fact, I keep a plastic tennis ball container under my back seat just in case it's needed. Had to use it only once when I couldn't get to any proper place. Glad it was available. So far no one's asked what the plastic container is for even though it's been kicked around on the back floor several times. (ha)
    :nod:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2002
  6. Here's my opinion, and gawd I hate to defend a democartic Congressman...but...

He made reasonable attempts to use a lavatory which he claimed were full and had lines.

He may have been at the age, or had a debilitating condition (called overactive bladder....for whatever reasons), when having to go tops the priority list.

I am sure the secure area that was mentioned was only a secure area because it had an exit (so....there are others that passengers sit next too also).

He made mention to a flight attendant he had to go who should've evaluated the situation and, perhaps, put him at the front of the line.

I can bet you, and have seen it, the flight crew will certainly get up and around, and use the restroom, during that time when everyone else has to cross their legs and moan.

There was mention that the flight was delayed and, having flown many times, a person is very reluctant about leaving the gate/terminal waiting area to use a restroom, perhaps a good deal of distance away, only to return to find out...oops....to late.

I know I wouldn't have sit there and wet my drawers...and, if HE had, can you imagine the news flash that one woulda caused?...."Elderly Congressman has no regards for self or passengers"....etc., etc. or if he had done something really stupid like finding out if they used Scotchguard on the walkway carpet?

I guess I could say something like, "He shoulda held it until his bladder burst...then there would be one less Democrate"...but, I'm not that calloused, yet....lol

At any rate, the whole idea of this incident congers up mental images that I would rather not think of any longer, lol.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2002
  7. Fred Vetter

Fred Vetter G&G Newbie

I tell you that dirty democrat needs to go to jail. When will the people of this country figure it out that ,when nature calls you will answer.There are more things to think about than taking a leak
    in front of somebody. How about getting Americans back to work.

8. You contradict yourself.

First you condem the guy to jail and then you make reference that when nature calls you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'm confused.

9. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I believe he was attempting sarcasm. I may be incorrect but most of Fred's post have him leaning toward the Democrat side. But then again, what do I know? Good Shooting!