German luger

Discussion in 'Firearm Appraisal' started by Kaye adams, Aug 5, 2020.

1. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Those broomhandles worth big bucks too Jim. A great score.

2. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Perhaps so. Remember shoving the cards in bicycle spooks with the clothes pins also? Only paid a nickel a pack with that powdered tooth rotting hard gum inside. Great score when we got a card with the whole team pictured. Recall getting a Roger Maris card. Wish I still had it!

BigEd63 and neophyte like this.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

When the Lugers sold for $30 dollars I was too young to own a handgun. Now some Lugers are $20,000 dollars. I am too old now.:D

BigEd63, blaster, Kaye adams and 3 others like this.
  4. Kaye adams

Kaye adams G&G Enthusiast

Well..age is all how you feel..when you love something and are passionate about it like you are..there is no age..just passion for something that makes you feel happy inside..and your wealth if knowledge is wonderful..thank you for sharing that. Kaye

5. Jim Bridger

My Grandmother was a caring Southern Lady. She was from Ashville, NC also.:)

BigEd63 likes this.
  6. Kaye adams

Oh so you must know the asheville area well..! Being your moma was from this area. Kaye

BigEd63 likes this.
  7. Kaye adams

I
    I
    Mean your gran mother

8. Jim Bridger

No, My grandmother's family was from there. They moved West long ago. I never knew much about the area. What I did know my Grand Mother was a very refined lady.:)

Kaye adams likes this.
  9. Kaye adams

Oh ok I'm sure she was ...I miss my grandmother..and gran father..he would let me shoot shot gun off the poarch I had to perch it up on a nail..at 8 years old..I never stopped loving them old shot guns.. or what we shared shooting them.

neophyte and Jim Bridger like this.
  10. Jim Bridger

Some times in the quite desert evenings sipping bourbon I recall? My family and dogs now passed on.
    Gordon-Setter.3.jpg

neophyte, blaster and Kaye adams like this.
  11. Kaye adams

Jim ..He is a beauty..oh you must miss him .such a trophy animal..I bet you and him did alot of hunting..love this pic thanks for sharing. Kaye

neophyte likes this.