Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Came Across This Rifle From A Lady That Got It In Her Fathers Will While Looking Around On Line Im Findin I Have A Valuable Piece Of Wwii History A Mauser With Two Eagles With Swazticas Matching Numbers 804 On All Parts ,byf,735 Stamped Twice,mod.98, Also Has An F That Looks Like Its Flying Ser#27804 Could Use Some Pro Advice Of Its Value Its In Mint Cond Will Send Pics When Ifigure Out Howw Too Thanks ... Waycool From West Texas

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
waycool45 WELCOME to GUN and GAME were glad you joined !
I can't wait to here more about your Mauser, so stay close they'll be some members around to help you. The pictures will be nice to see if you can figger out how to do it. A.H

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I Just Came Across This Rifle From A Lady That Got It In Her Fathers Will While Looking Around On Line Im Findin I Have A Valuable Piece Of Wwii History A Mauser With Two Eagles With Swazticas Matching Numbers 804 On All Parts ,byf,735 Stamped Twice,mod.98, Also Has An F That Looks Like Its Flying Ser#27804 Could Use Some Pro Advice Of Its Value Its In Mint Cond Will Send Pics When Ifigure Out Howw Too Thanks ... Waycool From West Texas
Go to this link ,ask the real fanatics on any German guns,you will have to register.

German Lugers, Central Powers and Axis Pistols- Jan C Still

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Go to this link ,ask the real fanatics on any German guns,you will have to register.
German Lugers, Central Powers and Axis Pistols- Jan C Still
JoeLee, I have a Question....You do this a LOT !
Why do you direct people to other sites on the Internet instead of letting the Resident Experts answer the posted Questions here On G&G ??? Why should people come here if we Can't help them by answering the Questions???
Rich

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Well the sites I recommend give concrete advice in my opinion,many being lifelong gunsmiths and collectors.In simple terms with some pictures and numbers an exact response of value, dates,and etcetera.Did I put a knot in your boot laces?Sorry if I did!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Current Value for a BYF43 is around 400.00-600.00 in mint condition, possibly a few dollars more, If there are no Importer Markings, and the Swastikas are intact, and it has the cleaning rod.
Rich

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
also, as to the flying F. it is most likely a waffenampt that was struck at an angle, resulting in a partial impression that gives the appearance of a flying"F"! without a close inspection, it is impossible to determine the rifles value. anybody that gives a value for this rifle without first handling it , is only speculating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts