Get Ready For More Grocery Store Shortages

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Ten Man, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

As John Conner said to the Terminator, "Are we learning yet?"

https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/...cle_8326b582-05d1-11eb-a71b-abf0f125999f.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/business/grocery-stores-stockpiling-pandemic/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/how...pply-chain-disruptions-could-last-2020-4?op=1

If people have not yet started to get into the Autumn Panic, headlines like these, being pounded in the lamestream media, EVERY DAY, will get them to panic.

If you have not already prepared, you are close to being "behind the power curve," now.

K75RT, PAPA G and TXplt like this.
  2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

HA !

MY thrones don’t need TP !

Gotta think outside the box.

Now those blue shop towels are good stuff. As are those reusable micro fiber cloths. I also like the red ones but those aren’t meant to be washed.

We’ll be fine. So long as folks keep loving spam and rice as much as me :)

PAPA G, Ranger4, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

The "media" just loves to start panics, stock market crashes & oil shortages. I've been seeing headlines of "5 items" that are going to be coming up short, for 3 months!:p

PAPA G, BigEd63, TXplt and 1 other person like this.
  4. jedwil

jedwil G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Was ammo one of the 5 items listed?

PAPA G, BigEd63 and Jaison like this.
  5. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

The one time I tried to find out, read thru a bunch of BS, along with pop up ads & none of the 5 items named, so gave up!:(

PAPA G, BigEd63 and Jack Ryan like this.
  6. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

Phoenix
    At the grocery store today, I see 12 oz cans of Spam for $3.68. I also see 20 oz cans of Dinty Moore beef stew for $2.18
    There is probably more fat in the Spam, which is important in shtf, but with the addition of a few cups of rice I think I can feed more people with the stew at a much lower cost.

PAPA G, Ranger4, BigEd63 and 4 others like this.
  7. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

So far plenty here

PAPA G, TXplt and Ten Man like this.
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Again I say, GET IT WHILE YOU CAN! Even if you have to buy it on credit. World wide food shortages, including right here in America (due to crop failures, gubmint meddling, and supply chain SNAFUs), are just around the corner. There are PLENTY of articles on the internet backing this statement up.

Stickman, PAPA G, poltiregist and 3 others like this.
  9. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

True. Two things to do. 1 never let folks know how much you have. They will be tempted to try and move in or tattle to the gov't if it comes to gov't wanting to take everybody's stuff "for the good of the community." 2 As far as lead goes, make friends with your local mechanic/repair shop. There is usually a bucket of wheel weights in a corner taking up space. You might get it for free. I did.

10. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    One thing that annoys me is that this week, for the first time since March, I am seeing disinfectant wipes in the stores. The prices are at least 50% higher than I remember, but the supermarkets have them.

However, they still don't have either Lysol Spray or Lysol Liquid. It can't ALL be going to hospitals, nursing homes, and doctors' offices, so where is it?

PAPA G, Ranger4, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  11. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Ebay

PAPA G and BigEd63 like this.
  12. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I went in Kroger this afternoon. I needed a new bottle of peroxide: none to be had. There was 1 bottle of rubbing alcohol left on the shelf; it promptly went into my cart.

PAPA G, BigEd63 and Ten Man like this.
  13. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

It has begun.

Just as the Spring Thaw starts with a few tiny droplets glistening in the sun, which then fall to ground, combine with others to form a trickle, which combines with others to form a creek, which combines with others to form a river.

PAPA G and poltiregist like this.
  14. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    You were in the wrong aisle. Bacardi 151 is in the liquor aisle.

blue fox, Cyrano, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  15. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Not in Virginia sir. We are an ABC state.

Jack Ryan and PAPA G like this.
  16. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I could give my rendition of ABC because Arkansas was that way for decades.
    But some might get offended.

PAPA G likes this.
  17. chris l2018

chris l2018 G&G Evangelist

UK
    Forgive my ignorance; have any states chosen to remain 'dry'?

PAPA G likes this.
  18. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Forgot how good spam can be. Wife cooked up a skillet of eggs, tators, spam and added a little shredded cheese then I threw on some green chilis. Gourmet stuff. Guess I should add some gravy and biscuits and make it a feast of kings.

graybeard, Cyrano, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  19. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

I keep a 2 pack of those blue shop towels in my Jeep and my truck at all times. I also keep a role of duct tape and paracord in each one. Just bought a 1,000 foot role of paracord at SG for $50. That should last a while. Need to resupply the military grade duct tape.

Wife buys those Glucerna diabetic chocolate shakes. Highly recommend them. Just throw a few in the truck, they survive heat summer heat and do not freeze.

graybeard, MRT NH 72 and PAPA G like this.
  20. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

none are totally "dry" but some States have different rules about where liquor can be sold. some States liquor can be bought in a grocery store, some it can only be bought in a part of the store separate from the groceries and some States require liquor sales in a specific store. some localities also have additional laws. it is all B.S.

Jim Bridger, graybeard, TXplt and 2 others like this.