Get Ready For More Grocery Store Shortages

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Ten Man, Oct 27, 2020.

1. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Deep freezer's full. Freezer's full. Gas tanks will be full (gonna top off); spare fuel, etc. Got lots of spam, MRE's (guess I'm the gunea pig on how long they REALLY last), enough dry goods, etc.

A fair bit of rice, but we can always use more--and will stock up on some more (Asian houses always have lotsa rice). Honey (never goes bad), etc. Plenty guns, plenty ammo, plenty power sources, meds, you name it. Soap n' shavers (ya always forget the shavers). Spare water and filtration devices, etc.

And after buying clippers during the WuFlu BS, I found out I could cut my own hair and it doesn't look half bad because I wear it short anyway. Boy, did THOSE things pay for themselves. And they're still working great.

Did a few mag dumps with the suppressor today on some skeet placed targets (BOY does that thing get hot) with the pistol build. Fun ! But it'll be unsuppressed if'n any serious fun begins (I want LOTS of noise outside if there are any shenanigans). Had to clean it after using the suppressor so's I might use that as an excuse to get a little more range time in tomorrow (unsuppressed) just to make sure I didn't do any buffoonery in detail cleaning the BCG (which is unlikely but I always like to function check guns after I clean them unless they're going into storage). Scorpion is full up too with lots of ammo.

Son and I also could use to lose a few pounds so some of the reserve is contained in our 'conformal fuel tanks.' Perhaps the wife too, but I'm not going to tell HER that.....

BudW, MRT NH 72, BigEd63 and 7 others like this.
  2. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

May need some Tabasco Sauce to go with that!!

TXplt, K75RT, TNPIRATE and 3 others like this.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Walmart is a Leftist Org. They destroyed the gun stores in many small towns.
    Walmart then stopped selling handguns. They then stopped selling the horrible assault rifles. Now they have stopped displaying firearms and ammo. Walmart is leading the U.S. into severe gun control. Think about this left leaning company the next time you buy there?:mad:

TXplt, AK Hunter, K75RT and 3 others like this.
  4. Huey Rider

Spent half the day shopping BJ’s and out at the Commissary. Food, paper products and cleaning/toiletries stocked up. Will fill up the car tomorrow. Then load up and hunker down. Will venture out to vote Nov 3...well armed.

K75RT, Jim Bridger, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Not gonna say it ..... :p

BudW, blaster, K75RT and 3 others like this.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I thought it, yesterday when I read it. LOL!!

7. Huey Rider

Minds in the gutter!!:p:p:p:p

TXplt, PAPA G and K75RT like this.
  8. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Eggs are absurdly cheap around here right now. Food Lion sells a dozen medium, large, or extra large white for 39 cents. Harris Teeter does a 30 pack of large white for $1.99. Walmart has a 30 pack of medium for $1.99. Browns are as cheap as $1.39 a dozen.

My poor granny in Kentucky told me she can't get a dozen eggs for less than $2.49 unless they make it into the weekly flier.

Jack Ryan and PAPA G like this.
  9. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

Pale , runny , tasteless, store bought eggs. Hard to beat a country fresh egg , though I have eggs a year old that taste better than the store bought.

K75RT and PAPA G like this.
  10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Eggs 39 cents a dozen.
    I wouldn't put up with chickens on my place if they were $2 a dozen.

PAPA G and shanebrews like this.
  11. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

My thought was the producers can't possibly be making money. I'm sure Food Lion is making 15 or 20 cents on a carton.

PAPA G and TXplt like this.
  12. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I was told that was because of ALDI. They came in with off brand eggs at dirt cheap prices. Walmart & others competed with them with an off brand of their own. Eggland's Best eggs are the same as always.

shanebrews and K75RT like this.