Gun and Game Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says, I'm debating on selling my sks. It's a yugo new in box w/ accessories matching #'s I'll add pics if anyone is interested. Asking $350 obo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have actually really been wanting an SKS myself... I'm still fairly new with guns, especially SKS's... I've shot a buddy of mine's several times and I love it. His was modified he says to accept a bottom-loading magazine (30-rd capacity). I'd want one like that as well.

I've seen a few around here locally for ~$200... that'd be about my price range.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
$350 for a Yugo SKS? Umm, I can buy a new condition SKS for $230, and a good condition SKS for $180. It's your gun, and you can ask what you want......

·
Registered
13 Posts
my bottom dollar would be a little higher than that. But make an offer.
Honestly I have no clue how to go about ordering a gun online.. through a local gun shop (that's what "We only ship through FFL" means I assume, please correct me if I'm wrong) ??

Plenty of local SKS's here tho.. need to check them out before I order anywhere online. Not trying to hi-jack your thread... sorry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$350 for a Yugo SKS? Umm, I can buy a new condition SKS for $230, and a good condition SKS for $180. It's your gun, and you can ask what you want......
Ok I'm not gonna tell you what I paid. And it's really none of your business. If I want to ask 350 OBO, then I can. You always leave room for neg. I have left alot of room. If you have no positive things to say back up outta this thread.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
What you should do is loss the attitude and put this in the classified section where it belongs. Being new here, maybe you don't know the rules, but this is a friendly forum with very specific rules on this type of matter.

By the way, $350 is outragous for a yugo SKS.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Hmm, well now. I said it's your gun and can ask what you want. I never asked what you paid, nor do I care. All I'm saying is, IMHO, you left SO much room not many people would take this ad seriously. Now, IF it had been me, and I had a really nice SKS I payed $200 for, and I wanted to try and make 20%, so I'd like to get $240 for it. I might have asked $280 for it, thats all. A Yugo SKS is not a "in demand" rifle, like maybe an AR, AK, M1A, Garand, something like that. However, I'm one to pay a little more for something to avoid paperwork. Personally I think your asking to much, thats all. Not trying to get you all worked up, if you post an ad for a rifle for sale, please be able to take this type of criticism.

·
Ahh..Cordite.
911 Posts
pie

I like Pie..

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I feel you can ask anything you want for your gun...if it's not my cup of tea, I won't buy it.

On my website you won't do it in just any forum.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
No offense. But if you get that much for your SKS you'll be lucky !
But I do hope you do get what you want for it.
After becomeing a member here, I researched a lot of SKS and Mosin Nagets, and to tell you the truth I didn't see any near what you want for yours. If I were to buy one and it was in prestine condition I'd pay it.
But I've just bought 4 new guns within the past 5 weeks, so I need to let my pocket book settle down a bit and my wife too...A.H

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
It bugs me when people put out "feelers" on a sale. Either you want to sell it, or you don't. List a price, if someone want it, they'll pay for it. Capitalism at it's finest. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your the one who put out the "feeler" and asked for our opinion and we gave it to you. If you really don't want to know, don't ask.

Ok I'm not gonna tell you what I paid. And it's really none of your business. If I want to ask 350 OBO, then I can. You always leave room for neg. I have left alot of room. If you have no positive things to say back up outta this thread.
Actually on 4-15-2007 you posted that you paid $225 for your yugo, so I guess in a way you did make it our business.

·
Premium Member
30,705 Posts
i got 2 unissued yugos for $300

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Lose the attitude, or Midas will ban you so fast your head will spin.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Attitude aside, I think most all of us can agree that $350 for a Yugo SKS is, well, a little high. We're actually not trying to be smart, or even give you a hard time. When it comes to guns, thats what we love, and when someone is trying to ask more then a fair buck, well, we respond, thats all.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Probably because the guy who started this thread is fairly new, and we've kept this civil. Nothing to see here... move along....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.