getting sponsored

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by franchi, Sep 20, 2010.

1. franchi

franchi Guest

Does anybody know what it takes to get a scholarship or a sponsor in trap shooting? I placed 4th in state this year(ky 4-H) and avg. in the 90s, upper 90s-100 on a good day. As of now im looking for ways to pay for my shooting, get noticed in the shooting community and pay for a good education. i know of two colleges that give out trap shooing scholarships but thats it. At some of the ATA shoots i have seen kids that are sponsored and are estatic when they hit a 85...

2. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

I would suggest attempting to get sponsorship from you local trap club in the form of ammo or a small monetary donation and then having a few shirts stating that they are your "proud sponsor". wear these when you go talk to other shooting-sports businesses as a means of showing that you're willing to advertise for their small contribution.
    Also, contact every major company that you have any dealings with in the sport, ie: if you shoot Win. ammo, call them and explain your situation. If they donate to your cause, immediately report back to them with your results in competition and see if they'd be willing to increase their participation.
    In the end, it's all about selling yourself and all these co's ultimately care about is, "What can you do for me?", so show them...

3. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Contact all retailers (even ones that aren't necessarily involved in firearms) and NRA.Have records ready.