Gloalization

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

What is globalization, one may ask. Well, below here is probably the best example
    on the definition of globalization.
    ---------------------------

Question : What is the height of globalization?

Answer : Princess Diana's death

Question : How come?

Answer : An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel,
    driving a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was high on
    Scottish whiskey, followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles,
    treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian medicines! And this is sent to you by
    a Filipino, using Bill Gates' technology which he stole from the Japanese. And you
    are probably reading this on one of the IBM clones that use Philippine-made chips,
    and Korean made monitors, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant,
    transported by lorries driven by Indians, hijacked by Indonesians and finally sold to
    you by a Chinese!

That's Globalization!!!:nod:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

3. Klaus

Klaus Guest

What did Gates allegedly steal from the Japanese? Digital Research , Xerox, and Apple are American companies.

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Who really gives a ****? This was intended as a joke. Go to some other forum if you're here to criticize something that's said as a joke. I'm not impressed with such superior and higher knowledge. If/when I have to debate something that's obviously a joke for factual authenticity then it's not worth my time to make any more posts.

Lighten up...relax...hang loose. Look at some other forum if you're not wanting to enjoy a joke or some humor.
    Oxford

5. NRAJOE

6. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Jokes are much funnier if they do not contain blatant falsehoods as part of the premise. The funniest jokes are funny because they are true. This joke actually started out pretty funny a few years ago, but someone tried to "improve" it by adding details that were not true. The Gates reference was the most obvious; there are others.

7. Actually jokes are funnier when they are against the norm.

8. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Alan, against the norm maybe, but based on real life. Read some George Burns or Mark Twain. Almost all their jokes were funny, witty, and based on real life. Then compare it to Robin Williams.

9. NRAJOE

A joke is a joke for Gods sake. Just laugh and have a good time. Thats all ya gotta do! If ya don't think its funny, then oh well! Some like high brow comedy, some like low brow comedy. Thats what makes the world go round...lighten up! :joker:

10. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea.sounds good to me .i like a good joke.lets hear some more.

11. Klaus I like Mark Twain and George Burns.