• Glock 17

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Sig 226

Votes: 17 53.1%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sig 226, And I don't buy the 'more reliable' thing about glocks. I've seen a Sig go through just as rough testing as any glock and come out without a scratch, working like a champ. These tests involved being frozen solid then fired, emersed in muddy watter then fired, dropped in very fine sand then fired, dropped from a helicopter from a distance of 200' then fired. Plus the 226 made it through the 1983 Military Pistol Trials with better marks than the rest of the pistols. Nothing against you Rugermarksman, just wanted to share what I've seen. As reliable as my Sig has been, Its one of the only ones I'd trust my life with.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say you can't go wrong with either. Both a Sig and a Glock can take a beatin. I've fired a Sig 226 a few times, I'm good with the one my brother-in-law has, actually I'm better with it then he is LOL.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only a few more days. I'd like to find one with a rail on it, but those $375-$400 police trade- ins are hard to beat. Most of the ones I looked at before had perfect barrels in them. Had some holster wear on them, some worse then others.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Glock's are built to last. You can burried them in sand, mud, ice, a garbage can, just about anything, and you'll get 1000 rds or so without a malfunction. It's been proven.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I like the Glock, but both are good pistols. But, If i were betting my life on either, I would want at least a .40 cal.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bah! It's all about shot placement. The only time .9mm won't take a person down is if
A. They have body armor
B. They are hyped up on speed, or some other drug like that.
C. You can't hit crap, and they dodge it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work at a gun range, talk to a lot of people about a lot of stuff including our gunsmith. as far as reliability, people are rougher on guns they don't own, so I have to take into consideration what our ten year old rentals look like. basically, the glocks still work. all of them.
My understanding from several law enforcment agents and just old shooters is that sig has lost it's quality. The biggest sig fans I know wish they had there old guns, and take it easy on there new ones. this explains why we have tons of problems with the sigs we rent out half as much as the glock.
This doesn't mean sigs are bad guns, if a pretty gun with a useless decocker means more too you than absolute reliability, then by all means, by a sig.
The other side of it is how does it fit your hands. Glock does have a different grip. if it's not comfortable and you can't point and shoot it, then buy something else. who cares if it's reliable if your shooting over the bad guys head or at his feet. find a range that rents a lot of stuff. shoot them all. then, whatever you buy, clean your gun. practice shooting, and if your still worried about reliability, buy a revolver

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Sig all the way. Glocks are useless to me since they naturally point at everything but the target.
Good call, then Bravo. It's all about what works best for you. Since Sigs work better for your way of shooting, they are, indeed, a better gun for you.

I personally found that the GLOCKs were better for me, in that respect. I was originally dead-set on getting a Sig Sauer P226 Elite Compact in .40S&W until I had a chance to hold one and didn't like that I consistenly aimed low by about 6".

The way I check my aim is by holding the gun in low-ready position, fixing a steady stance, looking straight at a point-target, closing my eyes and bringing the gun up to where I think I have it "on target". Then I open my eyes and see where it sits. This way I can see if it's pointing "naturally" on-target to me. I can also do this at a gun shop without ever firing a round.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
There's a reason that they're one of the most popular handguns in the world. I just wish they felt better in my hands...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts