Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I am new here, and i have maybe a bit of a strange question.
I want to make a glock 17 in 3d, that builds itself up from all the individual parts, loads bullets in the magazine, loads a bullet in the chamber and fires one. Pretty neat project, but with one big problem: on internet there are no good pictures of all the small individual parts :(

Would there be any member here with a glock 17 who would be willing to disassemble their gun in all the small parts and take a high res picture of all the parts in one shot? This way i can get all the measurements and individual proportions correctly!
I only found the exploded-view pictures from the manual, but problem is that in this pictures the parts are shown from a sideways angle, which makes it really difficult for me..

If this is an inappropriate question to ask in this forum, i understand, but it is definately worth the try !

Thanks in advance!

·
Wonderment :)
33,924 Posts
Glock?

ofniedan: Sir; strange request? Yes. Have you tried U Tube? Maybe 'GlockTalkonline;
Our just go to Glock and find schematics.
Hang around here and enjoy.

Welcome to G&G

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i know its not the average question, but i can always ask ^_^
Yes i tried youtube, there are some nice small movies there, but the quality there is too crappy to get the dimensions right.
Dont get me wrong, i dont need the dimensions of every single part, but if any member with a glock 17 is willing to take 1 picture of all the parts laying next to eachother, that would help me out so much already!
On glock.com i cannot find the schematics anywhere, only some basic dimensions of the assembled gun.
I will try on glock talk, and hopefully this topic can stay open in case somebody feels like they can/want to help this poor student ;)
thanks for the info anyways!

·
Wonderment :)
33,924 Posts
Glock

ofniedan: Next; go to AnarchAngel.blogspot.com
The fellow also has other spots to see complete breakdowns.
This particular article is 'How to make a Glock not suck"
Good article and good reading with pictures.

Follow up and maybe we can find others.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Does it have to be a GLOCK 17 or will another model, such as the G27 "baby GLOCK" in .40S&W suffice?

I have that and a 6.1 megapixel Kodak Easyshare camera that takes some very nice photos and would be willing to help you out as long as credit is given.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
This is an excellent animation of the GLOCK and its operations. Move your cursor over the parts numbered and you can also mess with the visual controls..
Sniperworld.com Glock resource

1 - 8 of 8 Posts