Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a back up pistol for bear deer and coyte i am stuck between the glock 20 or the 22 i have smaller hands and didn't know if recoil and grip size would be an issue between the two but advice would be apriciated

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
For BEAR?!?

Well, if you're dealing with bear, then definitely go for the 20, since that's the 10mm, whereas the 22 is the .40S&W; same bullet, longer case on the 10mm.

Honestly, though, if you're dealing with self-defense from predators, I would think a .44magnum or .45LC revolver would be a better choice.

...and this is coming from a GLOCK supporter. I'm sure 10mm can do the job, but if we're talking charging Bear, you want something that will punch through thick hide and even thicker bone.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
From GLOCK's website: GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

The G20 is slightly longer (193mm vs 186mm) and wider (32.5mm vs 30.0mm) and taller (139mm vs 138) than the G22, so it is bigger, but only by a couple/few millimeters... we're talking fractions of an inch (25.4 millimeters in an inch, so 2.54 mm is 0.1 inches). Likely, you wouldn't notice the difference.

The best way to figure out which you like better is to get down to a range that rents guns and try both out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want the bunch and don't want to get the 44 revolver, you could still get the G22 and buy yourself another barrel for G31. The G31 is 357 sig, you get the power of a 357 Mag. The magazine are the same all you have to do is swap out the barrel. The only down side is the 357sig are expensive ammo and of course the 40sw is expensive as well compared to 9mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts