Glock Glock 20 Project

Discussion in 'Glock' started by austinjoe13, May 14, 2018.

1. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 G&G Evangelist

I am starting this thread to post updates on my "new" Glock 20. I got a Trijicon RMR for it the other day, and I have ordered a sealing plate to go under it. I plan on sending the slide into Lone Wolf to have it cut. I haven't quite decided whether to get the race cut or combat cut, yet. I will be ordering some TruGlo tritium pro suppressor height sights to cowitness with the dot.

Because I am not going to use this as a primary defensive pistol, I will be a little more free in my modifications. Some parts I am ready to order are a steel guide rod, a heavier recoil spring, and a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector. I'd like to get either a Lone Wolf 6" barrel or a Storm Lake 5.3" ported barrel. I'm sure stippling will happen at some point. I'm not really sure what kind of pattern or image to stipple into it, so I will wait until I figure that out. Maybe I'll use my chisel tip solder to make a diamond plate style pattern--ooh, or basket weave!

Anyways, stay tuned!

big shrek, blaster, Kmcdowell and 3 others like this.
  2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I was under the impression that all Glocks were projects. ;) Just kidding. I have a Sig P320RX with a Romeo optic and the red dot does wonders for target acquisition.

austinjoe13 likes this.

3. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

That's it McDowell. To the back of the classroom for you!

neophyte and Kmcdowell like this.
  4. austinjoe13

So far all of my glocks have been projects of sorts. The 19 was to see how I could do with a pistol, the 36 was to see how I liked a small 45, and the 20 is to see how bad@$$ of a hunting/combat pistol I can build :D

I found Lone Wolf actually had a 6.61" threaded barrel meant for the G40. Both guns' barrels have the same lock-up, so it will work in my 20. The price is not too shabby, either.

I'm going to order those TruGlo sights today. It may be June before I send the slide off. We'll see.

big shrek, neophyte, Ten Man and 2 others like this.
  5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I've posted a few pics of mine from time to time--here it is:

IMG_0965.jpg

I really like the cerrakote slide and RMR. It has a Ghost connector which gives it a 5 pound-ish pull but much smoother with over travel stop.

For me, the barrel is plenty long as is.

Hope it works out well for ya !

neophyte, Ten Man and austinjoe13 like this.
  6. austinjoe13

A coworker jokingly offered to trade his Leupold DElta Point Pro for my RMR. He was taken aback when I considered it, and now he's actually considering it. I'm all for it since my purpose is more of a hunting/fun gun. The triangle seems to be better for my astigmatism than a dot. He wants to set up cowitness sights more easily. I don't NEED to cowitness sights on my gun. I'd like to, but it's not necessary.

What does the band of fellers think about this trade?

big shrek and neophyte like this.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Use whichever you think will work best for your needs.

austinjoe13 and neophyte like this.
  8. austinjoe13

Pretty much, Neo.

After sleeping on it, my buddy has decided to keep the DP Pro. Works for me.

neophyte likes this.
  9. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I like co witness sights when using a holo sight. the red dot shows up great in low light but when I come out of the dim lit swamp and step into the sunny pines, the dot dissapears.

neophyte likes this.
  10. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

DIP has a deal on the rod...nobody has them for less :)
    https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123253&CAT=3606