Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I saw this the other day, this guy is an idiot. But, I am really glad he decided to try to break his Glock. It really shows the durability and reliability of the Glocks. I can't think of much else he could have done to try to break it. Pretty cool reading. The USP results really surprised me. I used to have a couple that I really liked. I thought it would have done better.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
So he really tried to break a well-built gun. I personally think all of these "torture tests" are stupid. Who treats a gun like this? A family friend was in Viet Nam and shot a 1911. According to him, every time they had a break, they'd clean their guns. What these tests don't show is, how does it shoot with different ammo under reasonable conditions? If we're going to do a "torture test" let's try it with a variety of self-defense loads. I don't bury my guns in sand, so that "test" shows me nothing with ball loads. My point is, we have a ton of guns that will pass these so-called "torture tests" but how do they feed a huge hollow-point when held sideways or even upside-down? I'm not knockin' the post, just sayin'.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
So he really tried to break a well-built gun. I personally think all of these "torture tests" are stupid. Who treats a gun like this? A family friend was in Viet Nam and shot a 1911. According to him, every time they had a break, they'd clean their guns. What these tests don't show is, how does it shoot with different ammo under reasonable conditions? If we're going to do a "torture test" let's try it with a variety of self-defense loads. I don't bury my guns in sand, so that "test" shows me nothing with ball loads. My point is, we have a ton of guns that will pass these so-called "torture tests" but how do they feed a huge hollow-point when held sideways or even upside-down? I'm not knockin' the post, just sayin'.
Absolutely, that would be a good test.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Also the story of a police officer that left his Glock out where his dog found it and "Chewed It". Thats right Chewed it. Would not fire and was ruined. Try that with a 1911.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I agree. I'd like to see a well built 1911 have the same tests done on it. I have no doubts that it would pass with ease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts