Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0537E35B-BDCC-4158-A05C-46D5F0D7BBE1.jpeg

A few days ago, if anyone had prophesied I’d own another Glock, I’d of thought him senseless and possibly intoxicated- Yet, as evidenced above, a gently used Glock 21 Gen 3 has found a new home.

Was at a LGS looking at everything but Glocks, when the gunmonger suggests this critter. To be polite, I accepted it over the counter fully intending to hand it back with an obligatory, ‘Yah, that’s nice’ or maybe, ‘How about that’.

When I took the proffered pistol, it smiled at me. The grip wasn’t too bad, wasn’t nauseatingly awkward.

“Ho-ho”,says the raccoon! “What is this vile magic? Why, even the finger grips are aligned properly for a be-furred paw”.

So, in short, with our brother Ten Man’s philosophy in mind, I agreed to the absurdly low price for an almost-new G21 with extra mags and a new holster (my favorite brand, too!).

Took her home to meet Sweetpea, gave her a thorough clean and lube and judiciously applied some skateboard tape in specific areas. If the tape works, Talon Grips will be ordered.

So, now I have the elusive woods gun with great reliability, great capacity (13+1) and of a caliber (.45 acp) that I have confidence in with the right ammo.

Let it not be said that trash pandas are too good to try something new... again. Lol!

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol

Had a G17 gen5 for a while, but we never bonded. Traded it for a M&P9 M2.0 and was very happy.

Honestly, the idea of owning another Glock never came up. The price my friend offered at his store was awfully hard to pass up- especially with the extra glockazines and NIB holster.

Looking forward to shooting this thing till it gets ‘right’. We’ll see.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
View attachment 116382

A few days ago, if anyone had prophesied I’d own another Glock, I’d of thought him senseless and possibly intoxicated- Yet, as evidenced above, a gently used Glock 21 Gen 3 has found a new home.

Was at a LGS looking at everything but Glocks, when the gunmonger suggests this critter. To be polite, I accepted it over the counter fully intending to hand it back with an obligatory, ‘Yah, that’s nice’ or maybe, ‘How about that’.

When I took the proffered pistol, it smiled at me. The grip wasn’t too bad, wasn’t nauseatingly awkward.

“Ho-ho”,says the raccoon! “What is this vile magic? Why, even the finger grips are aligned properly for a be-furred paw”.

So, in short, with our brother Ten Man’s philosophy in mind, I agreed to the absurdly low price for an almost-new G21 with extra mags and a new holster (my favorite brand, too!).

Took her home to meet Sweetpea, gave her a thorough clean and lube and judiciously applied some skateboard tape in specific areas. If the tape works, Talon Grips will be ordered.

So, now I have the elusive woods gun with great reliability, great capacity (13 rds) and of a caliber (.45 acp) that I have confidence in with the right ammo.

Let it not be said that trash pandas are too good to try something new... again. Lol!
Lol

Had a G17 gen5 for a while, but we never bonded. Traded it for a M&P9 M2.0 and was very happy.

Honestly, the idea of owning another Glock never came up. The price my friend offered at his store was awfully hard to pass up- especially with the extra glockazines and NIB holster.

Looking forward to shooting this thing till it gets ‘right’. We’ll see.
My Glock 21 GEN 3 is a most honored member of my handgun collection.

Congratulations!! You have been seduced by the Dark Side.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,282 Posts
I thought about buying a glock once.Just could not go thru with it.
I was right there with ya brother. A really good deal on a police trade in swayed me. Also won’t be heart broken if heaven forbid it is ever needed and gets tossed into a pile in the evidence room.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OWB carried the G21 all day. Driving, walking, sitting- normal activity. Covered by coat.

Had no problems. It carries and conceals fine for a larger pistol. Much more comfortable than the CZ75b.

The skateboard tape also works well. Practiced drawing and re-holstering this morning and this afternoon. May just keep the tape on and bypass the Talon Grips.

Wanted to hit the range to run this thing through a few boxes and styles, but the day got away too fast.

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
Want to know a Dirty Secret??

All ya gotta do to convert it to 10mm is grab a 10mm slide & barrel
and slap 'em on, then a couple 10mm mags...then it's BOOM BOOM time!!
10mm-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Want to know a Dirty Secret??

All ya gotta do to convert it to 10mm is grab a 10mm slide & barrel
and slap 'em on, then a couple 10mm mags...then it's BOOM BOOM time!!
It is possible to get a Wolf conversion barrel, so you don't have to buy another slide.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
That’s mighty tempting, that is.:usa:
The very first Glock I ever owned was a Glock 21 GEN 2. I had been carrying a 1911 for a couple years. I put one box of 230 grain FMJ through the G21, and it was magical. I was busting soda cans at 40 and 50 yards with it. The G21 with 13+1 capacity, no manual safety, and at least a half pound less weight, convinced me to never carry a 1911 again.

THEN, I learned about Glock 20 in 10MM a few years ago. I never carry a G21 anymore. I still have a couple of the G21s, but they stay in the safe, except for occasional Range play time.

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. Now, hear me out.

I did, I really did, try to ‘like’ the G21. Practiced with it, shot it... just wasn’t happening. No bonding and, well, it wasn’t happy, either.

So, I traded it and the FEG 45 today. Got an HK45 now for less than what I paid for both of the other pistols combined.

This was, imo, a good deal.

Yoda would be disappointed in this ol’ mountain boy. I tried to be a Glock guy, but there is no ‘try’. There is only do, or do not.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
THAT is why you fail.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well sir Jaison, somebody has to keep this firearms economy rolling and since I'm too broke it has to be you... ;):cool::p:D
I hear ya, brother. The last several guns have been through trade or deeeep discount.

The HK was on the bucket list and had just come into the lgs this morning. Got lucky, that’s what happened. Lol

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
It is possible to get a Wolf conversion barrel, so you don't have to buy another slide.
Ten Man, just wanted to double check...are you saying a 10mm barrel is all that is needed to convert a G21 to shoot 10mm?
If so, that is enticing. I like the versatility of the G22 to shoot 9mm and 357SIG as well as the 40S&Ws. I didn't know about the 10mm conversion.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Ten Man, just wanted to double check...are you saying a 10mm barrel is all that is needed to convert a G21 to shoot 10mm?
If so, that is enticing. I like the versatility of the G22 to shoot 9mm and 357SIG as well as the 40S&Ws. I didn't know about the 10mm conversion.
IIRC, the 10MM barrel will fit in the 45AUTO slide, but the 45AUTO barrel will not fit into the 10MM slide, because the top rear portion of the chamber housing has a different width "tab" that fits into the cutout above the breech face of the slide.

I thought I remembered a LONE WOLF barrel that had the correct "tab" so that 10MM could be shot from the 45ACP slide. I can not find them listed, now.

The LONE WOLF conversion barrels get made in batches. They get a bunch in, then sell them out, and you have to wait until they get more in. Not all barrels are in stock at all times.

I had to wait over a year to get the new 6" 10MM barrel I have been wanting. I just ordered it yesterday.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts