GLOCK 21 VS GLOCK 21SF

Discussion in 'Off The Reservation' started by stonegraham, Nov 2, 2020.

1. stonegraham

stonegraham G&G Newbie

atlanta
    Can anyone tell me from first hand experience how much of a difference the SF (short frame) model felt compared to the regular G21? I've have not been able to find a G21 SF locally to know myself.

2. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g21-sf

I don't own one. 2 folks I know have one and one of them shoots competitively.
    My understanding - and mentioned in the link i posted - is the SF frame is slightly smaller in the hand.

I have fired a magazine full in a SF frame but never fired a "standard" frame so I can't tell you the difference.

Jaison likes this.

3. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

If you can find a 21Gen4, or a 20SF or Gen4 of either kind, they are the same profile.

ItstheHOFF and Jaison like this.
  4. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

stonegraham: Sir; I know nothing about 21’s

5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

My very first Glock was a Glock 21 GEN 2. I fell in love with it, instantly. It shot so naturally, I could dance soda cans at 50 yards with it.

Of course, it helps that my hands are large enough that I can bounce a basketball and catch it in one hand, palm down. ;)

neophyte and K75RT like this.
  6. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Something tells me you're not really a red-headed dwarf with an axe fetish, are you? LOL

Ten Man, austinjoe13 and neophyte like this.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Not hardly. LOL!!! I do think Battle Axes are excellent weapons, and I am pretty handy with a wood axe.

When I was a younger man, I did have red hair initially, and a VERY red beard until I turned 30.

Mostly, I picked him for my AVATAR, because his attitude and demeanor are very similar to mine.

8. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I hear ya. Gimli is one of my favorite literature characters.

(I'm not really a raccoon, either. Don't tell anyone, though)

9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

LOL!!!!

I liked Gimli instantly, when introduced. In the LOTR movie series, I really enjoyed John Rhys-Davies, just as I enjoyed him in the TV series SHOGUN, many years ago, and in the Indiana Jones series, too. He is an awesome actor, with a great voice.

Huey Rider, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  10. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Back on track with the OP.

I still enjoy the Glock 21 GEN 3, especially when I just want to do a bunch of high volume blasting. I can reload the .45 AUTO ammo for almost the same cost as the 9MM ammo, and it's much more fun to shoot.

I enjoy the Glock 20 GEN 3 (10MM), as well, but it is not as easy on the ears, and pocketbook as the G21 is.:D

ItstheHOFF and neophyte like this.
  11. ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF G&G Evangelist

I haven’t seen it fully explained yet, so I felt the burden was upon myself.

If you find a gen4, it comes with an SF strap. After gen3 there was no need to make SF frames because of the introduction of the customizable straps

ACfixer and Ten Man like this.