Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a big difference in the recoil from the 22C to the 22? In other words, is it worth the extra $30-50? Thanks.

Edit: Also, where's the best place on the web to buy a new Glock (22/22C)? Cheapest I've seen is topglock.com. Any other places that have better prices? Once again, thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The 22c,being compansated,will keep the muzzle flip to a minimum! I had a 17c and it was like shooting a .22!! The only problem I could see would be that the upword muzzle flash would really mess up your night vision.....But if you aren't planning on shooting at night much:eek: ....don't worry about it! $499.00 on Gunbroker!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by polarisgod
The 22c,being compansated,will keep the muzzle flip to a minimum! I had a 17c and it was like shooting a .22!! The only problem I could see would be that the upword muzzle flash would really mess up your night vision.....But if you aren't planning on shooting at night much:eek: ....don't worry about it!
Thanks for the reply. I plan on using it mainly for target practice, but here in about a year after I graduate from college, I plan on entering the police force. So, it might become a problem then......

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I carry a Glock23C on duty. I will tell you that the .40SW doesn't recoil enough IMHO to warrant any compensation. Further, I carried a Glock22 in my first department. It shot wonderfully. I see no need for the compensation on the Glocks in 40SW, let alone 9mm. The only thing it might assist in is competition speed shooting.

And yes, the compensation will (as i found out at a night training) kill your night vision. The flash comes right out of the top. It's neat to see but IMHO serves no practical purpose in the above listed calibers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by oneastrix
I carry a Glock23C on duty. I will tell you that the .40SW doesn't recoil enough IMHO to warrant any compensation. Further, I carried a Glock22 in my first department. It shot wonderfully. I see no need for the compensation on the Glocks in 40SW, let alone 9mm. The only thing it might assist in is competition speed shooting.

And yes, the compensation will (as i found out at a night training) kill your night vision. The flash comes right out of the top. It's neat to see but IMHO serves no practical purpose in the above listed calibers.
Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards the 22 now.......Been reading alot of positive feedback on it.

But, what's the feedback on the 37? I can basically get the 37 for the same price as the 22, but I haven't heard much about the former. Any input?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
The Glock 22 is the predominant police side-arm in TX. I choose the G23 because it is just a hair smaller, therefore I can conceal it with great ease off duty.

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the 37. Is that the new 45GAP?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Thanx, in that case I would venture to say that it is new enough that not many of us on this forum have experience with it. I have seen that it is currently being reviewed in many gun mags though. You might check that out.

We've batted the gun around a little, especially the caliber. Try doing an advanced search on this forum for it. I know we've talked about it recently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I've read somethings about it on this forum and other sites. The verdict on them seems to be conflicting. Some people love them and others hate it.......

·
Registered
517 Posts
"C" models aren't compensated; they are ported. That's a significant difference. In most cases, the "C" model isn't worth the trade-offs (more muzzle flash, inability to use in close quarters, etc.).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts