Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

A while ago I posted a topic about a good handgun for concealed carry.
Since then Ive narrowed it down to the Glock 27 .40 cal sub compact, and the Sig P239 in .40 as well. (I have my reasons for these two models as well as the caliber that are beyond my control so thats why I picked these two.)

Any one own either of these two pistols or have any thoughts to share?

-Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
unimpressed by GLOCK

Other than serving the same purpose these two guns are about as far apart as you can get. I got rid of my Glock because I handload and couldn't get even reasonable accuracy with cast bullets. I understand that you can now buy an aftermarket barrel with conventional rifleing but that's an added expense. Aditionally, I hear that shooting cast bullets in a Glock can be dangerous if you don't keep it really clean. The SIG however shoots anything with excellent accuracy and is a "class" firearm in every way.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Not familiar with the Sig, but I am sure it is a fine pistol. I do own the Glock 27. I like it. It shoots very well. More than accurate enough to fullfil its basic purpose. The only downside I see is that it is a little "snapy" when shooting hot loads. I like the mag with the extended finger grove.

·
Super Moderator
16,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, although I wont have to worry too much about the ammo since the only thing that Ill be carrying in them are federal hydrashocks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the replies, although I wont have to worry too much about the ammo since the only thing that Ill be carrying in them are federal hydrashocks.
Certainly you have to do some shooting with the ammo you carry and some have to qualify with that ammo. If however you can afford to buy enough Federal Hydroshocks to gain true proficiency with your gun then buy both of them because money is no problem for you.

·
Super Moderator
16,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm good points,
I should probably clairify though my earlier comment.
I dont handload any of my own ammo. Its hydrashocks when I carry and for practice its American Eagle brand ball ammo. I know this change can lead to a difference when you talk about gainng "true proficiency" but from my own past expirience, I dont really have too much of a change in how I shoot when I change between the loads. Ive held and shot both guns and while they are different in many ways Ive always been both a glock and a sig fan. Ive just never happened to own these two specific models.

But so far no one has anything bad to say about either of these two models so thats a good thing. :D I think Im going to get the Sig though.

·
Super Moderator
16,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well some unexpected good news.

The .45 round was approved!
So I ended up buying a Kimber Ultra Carry today.

And Im very happy. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts