Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Glock 30. the magazines are harder to load than any other magazine I've ever tried to load. I,m using the sleeve loader that came with the gun but the last 2 rounds go in VERY hard. Has anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Make sure the springs are facing the correct way inside the magazines. Only thing I can think of. Loading the mags on my G35 are as normal as loading any others. I don;t use any of those mag loaders. Seems to be easier (to me anyhow) to just do it how they've always done it? Check the mag springs and try it without the mag loader. Other then that, maybe buy one new mag and see?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
That's called a new mag spring... it's a good thing.

My G27 mags wouldn't take the last round for the first few times I loaded them, but they finally started taking the full load after a few loadings. New springs can be a bit stiff sometimes.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
YUP

My g26 is the same way. The last 2 rounds are a pain in the you know what.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
I take it these are all 15 round mags you all have had this issue with? I only ask because I haven't bothered to look up the firearm models any have mentioned to know what it came with nor do I know off the top of my head. As I've mentioned before in other posts in regards to Glocks, I only own 1 Glock, a G35 and it only came with 2-10 rounders, as I bought it during the ban. Never had this issue with those. I have since bought 2-15 rounders. Figured the 2-10s and the 2-15s take care of a box of 50 right quick. Plus, when you have arthritis in your hands, a little easier to do the 2-10s and the 2-15s over 5-10 rounders, for me anyhow. lol But again, I didn't notice this problem with the 15 rounders I got, and yes they are Glock product. But then, with arthur, they are all hard to put in so the last 1 or the last 2 hurt and are a pain all the same.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
The G27 normally comes with a 9 rd mag, but mine had the Pearce +1 magplate, so they were 10 rd'rs, plus I had a G23 10 rd mag and then purchased two G22 15 rd magazines (all work in a G27). Then purchased the A&G magazine sleeve adapters that adapts those longer mags to work better with the G27. All of the above are in .40S&W.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts