Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the local Glock dealer the other day to pick up some 9mm and he had a Glock 37 (.45gap) in stock. Of course I had to fondle it :D I had already heard that Glock had put a 21 size slide on a 22 size frame for this gun. I was disapointed until I actually held the gun. It feels pretty darn good in my hand. Was supposed to met a guy at the range that day to shoot his 37 but was unable to make it.

I don't see myself running out and getting one........ yet.... If they come out with a 23 sized Glock 38 in this caliber then I might have to get one :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Tc300mag1
I was reading they have had a bunch of problems with this gun excissive slide speed tearing it up ... my question is why a new 45 at all ya cant reinvent the wheel ....
That's why the changed the slide. The original slide was going to be the same size as a 17/22/31 slide. Now it has the bigger 21 slide

I can kinda see why they changed the .45. Alot of people have complained that the Glock 21 grip is too big for their hands. Cutting the .45acp down to the .45gap size allowed them to put the .45 round into a Glock 17/22/31 sized frame. Of course I'm still a huge .45acp and .45colt fan!! :D

Still don't know if it will sale or not, at one time people didn't think we needed a .40S&W or a .17hmr, they have both done well ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 21 slide is a little wider. They beveled the bottom edges so that it could fit on the 22 frame. When they first announced the 37 it was supposed to be equal to the 17/22/31 gun all the way. So now they have kind of a mut which means alot of holsters won't work :confused:

Guess I'll have to wait and see if they do come out with the 38 in 19 size... that and see what the holster makers do.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I saw some magazine hipe about the glock 45. Seems pretty neat. I'll continue to invest in my 10mm for now. Although I'm itching for a 357SIG. Not nearly as impressive as the 357mag, when in a big stainless revolver, but who cares about looks when it comes down to it.... In reality, I'm looking for a high-cap remington mod 11 from WW2. I figure that loaded with buck shot or an AR15 with the new federal expanding solid points, it is viscious combination. Never forget a long gun is the primary arm. Handguns are #2 when #1 is unvailable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts