Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you reload for the Glock and use the factory barrel, this is what your brass can look like if you are running the risk of a KB, or have experienced a KB.

I stick to a few simple rules for Glocks:

If using the factory barrel, shoot only NEW FACTORY AMMUNITION by a reputible manufacturer.

NEVER shoot lead in a Glock factory barrel.

If you must shoot reloads or lead, buy an aftermarket barrel. I personally use Bar-sto ( www.barsto.com ), but I've heard good things about KKM.

I reccomend this as a Certified Glock Armorer.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I don't dislike or hate Glocks, I don't own any Glocks, I really don't know a lot about Glocks, but I have seen various post about Glocks Kb for some reason or other, and I find it odd that there is no clamoring that Glocks are junk or etc…..

It seems to me that if this was Hi-point or Ruger that was having problems firing reloads that there would be a cry of that these guns are junk or a post of snickers. I would expect that any gun in good condition that I owned I could reload for. Why are Glocks not subjected to negative treatment for their flaws like other guns?

Are the Pro's so good that everyone is willing to overlook the Cons?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
im not a fan or hater of glocks, but ive shot enough of them to have a clue. yes glocks do have a tendency to leave a slight bulge at the base of the brass, but the guns that did that to the brass should be sent back to glock as they have greatly oversized ramps/chamber and are dangerous. the same can also happen with genious's that want to try and polish the ramp and throat of their barrel when they dont have a clue. also to add to the list of hi quality replacement barrels for glock's, give Jarvis a try. they make an extremely hi quality barrel.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lefty o said:
im not a fan or hater of glocks, but ive shot enough of them to have a clue. yes glocks do have a tendency to leave a slight bulge at the base of the brass, but the guns that did that to the brass should be sent back to glock as they have greatly oversized ramps/chamber and are dangerous. the same can also happen with genious's that want to try and polish the ramp and throat of their barrel when they dont have a clue. also to add to the list of hi quality replacement barrels for glock's, give Jarvis a try. they make an extremely hi quality barrel.
Very true lefty o, polishing the feed ramp on a Glock barrel is a really bad idea. Glocks come with barrels that are already "throated to the maximum", to allow reliable feeding with any bullet shape. If you are shooting factory ammo, and have the 6 O'clock bulge in your fired brass as seen in the previous pic(s), contact Glock IMMEDIATELY. I have found their customer service to be outstanding. They will likely swap out for a new barrel or ask for your Glock for inspection... although the latter is unlikely, I have found them to be very competent. :nod:

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
:gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster:

I own 3 bbls for my Glock 23:
The factory bbl
2 Federal bbls, 1 extended and ported and 1 standard length, all 3 have a polished ramp, hand polished by me, I just used a 800 grit piece of sand paper and only made them shine, no material removal with a dremel or alike just a 20 minutes duty while watching TV and viola everything is OK.

I don't have any problems with the brass bulging with any of the bbls and I only use factory ammo for my trusty Glock.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

·
Registered
297 Posts
A reloader not watching what he is doing/not knowing that "Some powder" is not properly interchangeable with 24.5 grains, as well as stress fractures in the barrel/chamber, and barrel obstructions.

You have not had fun until you are on a range, you watch a guy fire a .357 Magnum and get to watch everything from the forcing cone forward go all to ----. For the record, the only thing damaged on his person was the color of his underwear, but they were damaged to the point of being too far gone to salvage! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts