close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock glock conversion

Discussion in 'Glock' started by boneguru, Apr 6, 2002.

1. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

ok here goes, keep seeing 24c slide for sale, drops right in 22.
    are there other frames this will work on?
    have a 17 was wondering, these are both midsize frames right magazne well should be same, please help!!!
    Thanks, Raymond

2. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

It might match up with the guide rails, but the Glock22 is a .40SW and the 17 is a 9mm. I think the question is, "Will the barrel match up with the slide." I don't know the answer to that. Is the hole cut in the slide for a 9mm glock the same as one cut for a .40SW glock? How does the outter circumference of a Glock 9mm barrel match up in relation to a Glock .40SW barrel? I don't know off hand, but will look into. I've never heard of the 24C model, but will look into it.

3. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

well I found out yes and no, it would appear the whole slide will fit perfectly but the extractor may not function correctly for dif of 1mm.
    thanks all, Raymond

4. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf G&G Newbie

Texas
    G22, and G31 frames are okay, but DO NOT put it on a G17 frame. The G17 frames untill just recently have not had a locking block pin and were not designed for the .40's extra recoil.

5. polarisgod

polarisgod G&G Newbie

I have a 17 and a 22, and I can tell you that barrels,slides,and lowerswill all interchange and work.However, I got a chance to talk to the Glock reps at the NRA convention in Kansas City this past summer,and they cautioned me not to do it. The main reason was noted in the previous reply from "Big Bad Wolf". So I don't trade parts anymore,but, in an emergancy situation,it can be done.

6. florgy

florgy G&G Newbie

24c slide will work on 22, 31, and 35 frames. Regards.