Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Glock generations has Glock gone through since they began to sell in the U.S. How can I tell which one it is. I am looking at a Police trade in. I want to make sure Im getting the latest model. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
3 generations. first ones were plain jane pistols. second had the checkered front strap, third gen got the flashlight rail on the fore end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a myth that Glocks don't contain metal parts, right? a work colleague claims that they are plastic, so special forces can get through customs, but then wouldn't the stinkin enemy use them? how the flipp would plastic firing pins work, is what I said? Plus how would the losers get the bullets through? Jedi Mind Control?

Anyhow, I seem to remember reading that it's a common misconception, that they just have less metal to cut down on weight. Please tell me I'm right and he's an idiot.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
more than half of a glock pistol is steel. its dang hard to make a barrel, or slide that lasts for more than 1 round out of plastic. barrel, slide,springs, striker and slide rails, and slide stop in glock pistols are made of metal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thank you. what makes this particularly sweet is he's one of those guys who, if you send him a picture of a buck you're field dressing, he calls and says he's just chopped 3 up in his freezer, but you never see him bring any jerky into work, y'know? I'm not joking, he claims he bends arrows to shoot round trees. it reminds me, gotta go to the bow hunting forum...

thanks for the detailed info though, lefty. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's quite obvious that your co-worker is not a graduate of the Klingon Warrior Academy. If he was, he would know that levitation is the advanced method of shooting behind a tree. He isn't in step with the times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts